Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Longs Peak from My Shop
Lens: Sigma 75-200mm at ~170mm Camera: Kx Photo Location: Northern Colorado ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: Colorado CJ, 10-29-2010, 07:11 PM

I took this picture from the front of my shop this morning. Most of the fall colors are gone (now mostly brown), but still looks nice to me.

Did a little bit of pp in photoshop.

Sorry about the dust, I need to set my camera up to remove dust at startup I guess. I don't know how to clone it out as of yet (any pointers?).

Views: 1,466
10-29-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Colorado.

Here's my take on your pic ... I am not a pro, so please take it as a suggestion only:

Next time you try a scene like this, I suggest that you do not ccompose the shot as to show the Peak exactly in the centre of the photo. I mean: use the rules of third.
Also, it looks a little out of focus in the foreground. Maybe that is what you wanted but I would have tried to get all in focus, stopped down to F8 - F11. A tripod might also do some good for scenery shots like that one.
Oh and yes ... please get rid of that dust!

Cheers!

JP
10-29-2010, 08:26 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks. Yeah, I need to work on my technique. This is the first DSLR I've owned, and it is a learning experience. My previous camera was a pana FZ-20.

The Sigma isn't the sharpest lens (paid $15.00 for it), but it would be sharper at higher F-stop like you said. I was focusing on the peak.

I need to read through some tutorials about removing dust with Photoshop. I tried to use the clone tool, but have no idea what I'm doing (yet).