Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Machu Picchu
Camera: K-x Photo Location: Peru, Machu Picchu ISO: 200 
Posted By: Strung_Out, 11-02-2010, 04:08 PM

Hi All,

Decided to finally upload some more shots from my trip to Peru in September, this time it's a few of my favourite shots from Machu Picchu. Thanks for taking the time to look, and of course comments or critique are most welcome!

Views: 4,621
11-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wow, very nice. Between the cost and my fear of heights I've resigned myself to never seeing it in person so I'm glad to see these.
11-02-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Nice shots. I have heard that the site may be closed due to tourist-caused erosion...

If you have not seen at least the first 5 minutes of the movie "Aguirre, the Wrath of God", you should rent it.
11-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wicked shots! I would hang them all on my wall. You are lucky to have had the opportunity to see this in person. Great job.

11-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Wow, great shots! I'd sure like to visit Peru some time.

What lens were you using?
11-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #6

Those are truly epic looking! I love the vibrant green in the first picture. Thanks for posting!
11-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Beautiful.

11-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #8
Inactive Account

I don't like to over-sensationalize. That said, those are beautiful pictures. How brutal was the travel?
11-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I love the third shot, because the rays of sunlight fanning through the clouds give an impression of the special nature of the place. Another place I'd love to visit! Thanks for posting!
11-03-2010, 01:41 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Even though there is a lot of good photos from this place these look great. I really like #1 and #2.
11-03-2010, 02:10 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, those are great. So, it really does look like in the travel brochures.
Thanks for sharing.
11-03-2010, 02:18 AM   #12

Great Stuff. A bit more sharpness and fill light in post processing. Also there is sensor dust in the left side. But never the less they are stunning.
11-03-2010, 04:48 AM   #13
Veteran Member

What a spectacular place and well captured.

Tom G
11-03-2010, 06:21 AM   #14
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Wow, very nice. Between the cost and my fear of heights I've resigned myself to never seeing it in person so I'm glad to see these.
Thanks for the kind comments, Dave. The height was one of my biggest worries actually going into this trip, but luckily moments of vertigo were few are far between.

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Nice shots. I have heard that the site may be closed due to tourist-caused erosion...

If you have not seen at least the first 5 minutes of the movie "Aguirre, the Wrath of God", you should rent it.
Thanks SpecialK, I'll look up that movie for sure. As for closing Machu Picchu I don't think they will, but they have reduced the number of daily visitors allowed rather drastically now to reduce impact to the trails and the sites themselves.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pauld Quote
Wicked shots! I would hang them all on my wall. You are lucky to have had the opportunity to see this in person. Great job.
Thanks Pauld.

QuoteOriginally posted by Colorado CJ Quote
Wow, great shots! I'd sure like to visit Peru some time.

What lens were you using?
Thanks CJ, lens used for these shots were my Pentax 10-17 fish eye and a Pentax 16-45mm F4.0.
11-03-2010, 06:27 AM   #15
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ekim89 Quote
Those are truly epic looking! I love the vibrant green in the first picture. Thanks for posting!
Thanks, Ekim.

QuoteOriginally posted by wshi Quote
Beautiful.
Thank you, Wshi.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rory Quote
I don't like to over-sensationalize. That said, those are beautiful pictures. How brutal was the travel?
Thanks Rory, I did the 4 day 45km trek and it was certainly a tough travel but it made finally arriving to Machu Picchu that much more special.

QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
I love the third shot, because the rays of sunlight fanning through the clouds give an impression of the special nature of the place. Another place I'd love to visit! Thanks for posting!
Thanks Rob! That third shot was taken at roughly 6:30am as the sun was just starting to peak over the surrounding mountains.