Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A dog, and today in Chicago...
Posted By: doggydude, 12-03-2006, 08:12 PM

Nothing to brag about here - just showing some of the first batched from the new K10d - I clearly have to relearn a few things...

I'll note up front all of these images have been resized to a max of 700 pixels wide, and I reduced the image quality when saving the images to help download speeds.

This is a big-a$$ reflecting orb in Millennium Park, about 3 blocks from the waterfront.

This first shot, I really like because of he way the orb distorts the perspective of things...

Here's another shot that gives an idea of the size of this thing.

Not far from the orb are these two glass towers - the insides show varying faces with different expressions - kind of cool. The glass towers are made up of glass bricks, about the size of...uhm, well, bricks...

This next couple of shots were taken yesterday in my living room. Low-ish light, hand held and I did some PP of the jpegs in PS6 to lighten the images a smidge.

I think my default auto ISO setting is set to only go to 400 right now - I might try bumping that setting to allow auto selection of higher ISOs...

In this first shot, the blue dot in her eye s a reflection from the TV she's watching...

This final shot was taken with a small incandescent light to her right, and general overhead lights in the room and the flash was used, hence the somewhat harsh feel to the image. She's testing the waters with a paw on a table she knows she's not allowed on...

In the full-sized image, there's so much detail you can see individual strands of fur on her...

So far I'm loving the camera. I've noticed it tends to underexpose shots, but I'm almost totally certain that's due to my techniques and the default settings I haven't changed yet.
Views: 1,488
12-03-2006, 08:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Last shot of the puppy looks like an onboard flash, from the shadow, but appears well colored with nice details and catch light in the eyes. Good top to bottom color on the downtown scene. Bizzare sculpture but very interesting. Thanks for the posts.
12-03-2006, 10:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Aww, I wish I had gotten by Millennium Park when I was in Chicago in August. That orb is really neat.
12-04-2006, 02:22 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you sure that orb thing is man made?

I love that thing, so simple, nice shots of it. I love it when cities spend money just to be interesting (within reason).