Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
B.b.b.b
Lens: SMC Pentax-A 135mm F2.8 Camera: K20d Photo Location: the office ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/2000s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: Rense, 11-03-2010, 11:53 AM

In Dutch, the title is even better: Bleekblauweballenbokeh......
Views: 2,362
11-03-2010, 12:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Yeah, see your lemon-dog (lens) really got a good bite at it!

I, we, got this lens for our wedding (somewhere in pre-historic times) from my canon-devoted father-in-law. Others get pepper&salt, we got lemon/dog. The first time I could love this lens was on my now "pinched" (by my second son) K20D. At f9 it performs stunningly. Somehow it just won't do well for me at 2.8 -4. But it is light and comfortable, has smc A colours, well, this has nothing to do with your lovely picture. Lovely it is.
Strange enough I met with a flos cuculi in full bloom only last week. I thought it had fallen out of time. So beautiful. Well, sorry for this erratic post.
11-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Hey PentaxMom, thanks for your comments! Lychnis can bloom very long into autumn, but not abundantly. I've found specimens in flower at the start of December...! I will try the lens at f8 or f9, but I love the effect of wide open lenses.......
11-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I can understand why you do. It is just that 2,8 sharper at 3,5 and-so-on doesn't apply for this one. Suddenly it gets better and just then, when you don't expect it, it gets fabulous. At least mine does. The colours improve too. I don't know why. It is just a crazy thing.
Out of focus in my household is very unpoetically "why is that not sharp?" You see, bokeh is called out of focus by the men here. It is quite a struggle sometimes. Meyer lenses are good at it. I inherited some of an old-uncle. M42's. You know, those fancy shiny silver ones.
Amazing!

11-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxMom Felua Quote
I can understand why you do. It is just that 2,8 sharper at 3,5 and-so-on doesn't apply for this one. Suddenly it gets better and just then, when you don't expect it, it gets fabulous. At least mine does. The colours improve too. I don't know why. It is just a crazy thing.
Out of focus in my household is very unpoetically "why is that not sharp?" You see, bokeh is called out of focus by the men here. It is quite a struggle sometimes. Meyer lenses are good at it. I inherited some of an old-uncle. M42's. You know, those fancy shiny silver ones.
Amazing!
Got some Meyers myself! Orestor 135mm, Orestegor 200mm en Telemegor 400mm. Great bokeh, with their quatrillion aperture blades....
11-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Meyer 58/100/100(two different types, one is really wierd),180,250. Last one is long and thin and not too good, but gave me some great deer shots. One 100 has stripes and the 250 is just black. I put longer hoods on them though. If I really want lots of keepers, I don't use 180/250. They are not so stable. How on earth do you manage a 400? Admittedly, I don't use a tripod with them, they are so light, it is part of the fun not doing that. So I get punished ....
11-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry for breaking in

Where and when did you take this photo?
I can't remember seeing any flowers today!?
I like the background very much,
I think I should try a flower (if I still can find one ) with my 135 mm too.

11-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
This one was made in the Atrium, the first one from the entrance. Made when I got in today...
Several flowers in the Atrium, as well as other nice things to photograph....

Thanks!