Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Playin with Water...
Posted By: mtnbearhug, 09-17-2007, 08:24 PM

Found this babbling little Brook this weekend.. It was spittin lhappy ittle drops of water everywhere.!!!. I wasted 2 rolls trying to capture it... (I really need a digi)..

Here is the best shot...

and a couple of the creek itself....

Any comments or advice are welcome!!!
Views: 2,043
09-18-2007, 03:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
31 views!!!!!

31 views and no comments????
Are my pictures that bad, that boring or just that plain???? That nobody feels like commenting on them? Negative or Positive???

Discouraged.......
09-18-2007, 03:57 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the second shot. Nice overall scene that was captured. But I think your scanner is letting you down a bit (maybe?) They look a bit desaturated particularly in the green of the trees.
09-18-2007, 04:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Don't be discouraged there are so many members (growing daily) and so many photo's and soo little time. I had one a few weeks ago 96 views and no comments :-) so don't take it personal.

On to the photos what gear are you using? I think Peter has a point the scanner you used probably does not do the photo's justice. I like the second and third shots - very nice scenery.

Edit I checked today 98 views ... 2 more and I may break the record for most viewed uncommented post ....is that a good thing ? hahah

Geeky Wedding

End edit

Last edited by daacon; 09-18-2007 at 04:28 PM. Reason: added content
09-18-2007, 04:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Okay I will bite. Are these scanned? I assume they are since you mention no digital. They seem a little flat to me. I think this is becuase they are scans. ( I think ) Of the three I like #2 the best as far as comp. BUt the other two are just okay. It is tough when we don't have techinal info about the picture. Fstop, shutter speed etc... #1 on my monitor is a little purple to me it could use some work. But if this is film and processed in a lab that is out of your hands. Unless you work on after scanning. I think you are on to something with these shots. As I type I go back and look and you know #1 is growing me. Maybe try again but a lower angle. Don't worry people will comment sometimes it takes awhile and if you ask they will comments. Keep trying and save your pennies. You are right digital is great and you can take hundreds of shots to practise.
09-18-2007, 04:17 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Oops took so long typing you guys said what I did. Sorry
09-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I actually like photo #1. Dunno why, I just do.

Photo #2 would be excelent if it wasn't so dark. Either a bit under exposed or a scanner problem? I dunno, I just think it should be brighter.

09-19-2007, 05:56 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you for the feedback!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I like the second shot. Nice overall scene that was captured.
The second is also my favorite of the three..

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I like the second and third shots - very nice scenery.
today 98 views ... 2 more and I may break the record for most viewed uncommented post
Ok ok ok.. LOL.. you get the prize for uncommented posts hands down!! I won't complain again!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Of the three I like #2 the best as far as comp. BUt the other two are just okay. It is tough when we don't have techinal info about the picture. Fstop, shutter speed etc... #1 on my monitor is a little purple to me it could use some work. But if this is film and processed in a lab that is out of your hands. I think you are on to something with these shots. As I type I go back and look and you know #1 is growing me. Maybe try again but a lower angle.
Technical info... Zx-7 Pentax .. using auto focus and my 100-300 lense. Picture #1 is at 300 #2 and #3 were about 150 or so..

So a lower angle meaning more parallel with the water so the maybe the drops might be more visible instead of hiding in the water???

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Hyde Quote
I actually like photo #1. Dunno why, I just do.
Photo #2 would be excelent if it wasn't so dark.
I too wish #2 could of been alittle lighter. It would of brightened the outline of the picture with the trees..

These pictures are scanned and it was a low end scanner at that.. Thank you for your comments they are greatly appreciated!!!