Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Painting with fire abstracts (4 images)
Posted By: hamidlmt, 09-17-2007, 11:31 PM

Taken with the K10D and Tamron 28-75mm 2.8... Aside from a levels adjustment in Photoshop, these are as captured in camera. Comments welcome. Enjoy!

And, a couple with my wife waving around two flashlights.

Views: 2,400
09-18-2007, 07:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

The flashlight shots are quite beautiful.
09-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
That first flashlight shot is living-room wall worthy at poster size. Fan-darn-tastic.
09-18-2007, 12:54 PM   #4
Forum Member

I agree totally, that first flashlight shot is really nice. The flames seem to be circular while the light streaks are exploding from the center. It's almost like a home-made firework. Would love to know your technique on this and why we can't see your wife in the eposure. Is she in the frame or are the flashlights on strings?

09-18-2007, 01:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Amazing Hamid, you struck gold on these and I love the addition of the flashlight. Definitely somethign I need to try because they look so cool. Hey, where are the beautiful women shots you were doing earlier, or have I missed a post during my busy period selling camera gear?
09-18-2007, 02:47 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The flashlight shots are fun... and, it gets my wife involved with my photography which is usually a pretty solitary project. She's holding one flashlight in each hand. You can't see her since it's totally dark out and the exposure is set for just the light sources. The technique used is to tilt, twirl and zoom the camera, also sometimes moving about on my feet, ducking and swaying, switching between the flashlights and the campfire - all in a single-exposure. Everything stays relatively in focus because of the very small aperture. We tried to do a video last time, but it's pretty dark. I'll get it off my Canon S2 soon.
09-18-2007, 02:50 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Amazing Hamid, you struck gold on these and I love the addition of the flashlight. Definitely somethign I need to try because they look so cool. Hey, where are the beautiful women shots you were doing earlier, or have I missed a post during my busy period selling camera gear?
I'd dig seeing your take on this... I think you'd have a lot of fun!

No model shoots since August. Nothing but flakes have been contacting me to do shoot near the end of summer. And, I've been out camping, visiting with friends, etc and haven't had the time. I have something tentatively planned in October, but will try and find someone before then too.

Here was my last shoot, in case you missed it...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/10416-photo-shoot-forest.html

09-18-2007, 05:29 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow ! Agree on first flashlight shot ! Thanks for sharing the technique