Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Wife's hand at photography
Posted By: Mechan1k, 09-20-2007, 07:41 AM

Thought I'd post up a selection of shots off the camera my wife took while we had a day trip out west to the wineries.

She thought it was going to be too hard to use as it looked to complicated for her ... so all shots are pretty much taken in Green mode.

I think she had fun after figuring out how to use the camera while I was driving ... no shots of me driving though ... as she was too close ... or to her words "My ugly mug was too close and I couldn't be fitted in the frame"

All driving shots were taken at highway speeds (about 100km/h +) on country roads.

Had a great day weather wise as well ... as Sydney on the other side of the ranges had rain all day ... we were lucky to get away from it.

There's a fun shot of one of the vineyards windmills ... and their slogan was "Have you had a Farmer's Daughter?" ... they make one hell of a nice Portugese style Port ...... mmmmmmmm.

Please excuse the dirty windscreen

That's one hell of a spec of dust ... hee hee

Looking up the hill while on the move

Blurred trees

All with K10D + 18-55mm kit lens + Circ Pol attached.
Enjoy.
Views: 1,314
09-20-2007, 07:50 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oh ... just like the other series ... I haven't had a chance to PP these images either ... these are the JPEGs straight off the camera.
09-20-2007, 08:28 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Heh, it's kinda fun isn't it. I enjoyed the series. Half of the shots my Great Grandmother took were through the window while driving down the road. Occasionally you get some good shots, and are at least having some fun and recording the trip.

When I hand my k100d to my wife to take pictures, she stares at the back of the camera and looks confused. Then I have to remind her to look through the viewfinder. Sorry dear no live preview!
09-20-2007, 08:33 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There's about 3 shots there that look like they could make pretty good "panorama" shots if the top and bottom were cropped off. Congrats on at least getting your wife to start shooting. I'm trying to get my wife to do the same.

09-20-2007, 08:47 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fritz Quote
When I hand my k100d to my wife to take pictures, she stares at the back of the camera and looks confused. Then I have to remind her to look through the viewfinder. Sorry dear no live preview!
Hahahahaha ... Bec said the same ... she had a confised look on her face ... and then said "How come there's no picture on the back of the screen".

Took her about 5-10minutes to get used to it ... then she just snapped away .... there's a lot of shots of the dashboard ... and one of the GPS as well (both in perfect focus ... hee hee).

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMass:
There's about 3 shots there that look like they could make pretty good "panorama" shots if the top and bottom were cropped off. Congrats on at least getting your wife to start shooting. I'm trying to get my wife to do the same.
I really should have a go at them in CS3 and see how some of them turn out with a bit of cropping and adjusting ... Bec is used to using the old 3.2Mp Sony Cybershot ... she freaked out a bit at the size of the K10 ... and was worried she'd break it (I did when I first took it out of the box as well ... I admit it)

She just needed the confidence of using it really ... and have fun at the same time