Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Break(ingmyphoto)fast
Lens: DFA100WR, DA40 Camera: K-x Photo Location: Lighthouse Park 
Posted By: jaieger, 11-13-2010, 01:10 PM

So as the title suggests, I'd been unable to take photos due to a combination of homework and weather over the past few weeks. Well, yesterday, I lucked out - the weather was going to be good for the only time all week, it was a school holiday, and my sister didn't need the car so I could go wherever I wanted. I went with a friend so I didn't spend as much time doing some "serious" composition, but I still had a great time and I hope these reflect that:

It was a rather gorgeous day.

If you saw my other thread a while ago, you'll remember that I made a...thing. Not quite sure what it should be called, but those cardboard monstrosities you tape or whatever onto a flash to bounce it down for macros. I was pretty excited to bring that out on an actual walk and try it out, and try it out I did:

Layers

Levels

Did I mention it was a beautiful day? Though at this point, typical Vancouver was doing its utmost to hide the sun and keep its reputation of being rather dreary:

My friend shot this as I was driving home. She doesn't have her own camera but it's kind of funny seeing people fiddle with stuff and experiment here's one of those results, intentional or not I don't know, but it looks awesome to me:

Comments & CC welcome and appreciated
Views: 1,497
11-13-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fantastic series, and great commentary to go along with the photos! Thanks for sharing

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
In the last one --> Ludicrous speed?
11-13-2010, 10:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Fantastic series, and great commentary to go along with the photos! Thanks for sharing
Thank you very much for your kind words!

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeS Quote
In the last one --> Ludicrous speed?
Of course not! Don't I seem in the least responsible to you? Just because I got my N 3 weeks ago? I promise I was only going 10 km/h above the limit. Probably.

(in Canada/BC, L = you can drive with a licensed adult over 25 with you and 1 passenger max, N= you can drive by yourself or a max of 1 passenger)