Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
Raindrops (It's all Tamia's Fault)
Posted By: Paleo Pete, 11-14-2010, 09:00 AM

After Tamia's raindrops yesterday she offered a couple of good suggestions, and I realized I had never tried my binocular lens macro rig on water drops. Then again, we haven't had any rain since I started to use it, and the couple of times we did get rain I had to work, no time to shoot. So yesterday we got some very badly needed rain (YAAAAYYY) and I went out to shoot a bit.

Had to use a flash, since it was very overcast and dark, why I didn't think of 1600 ISO I don't know, but I stayed at 200 ISO and pulled out the flash. FOlded up an envelope and used it to reflect the flash onto the subject, since without it the flash only got about half the picture, shooting 4 inches away. it worked well, here are a couple of shots.

It's all Tamia's fault...

Click image to view larger size.

I might be able to try a few more today, forecast says more rain, so I'll lbe out there.

Tamia - Thanks very much for your suggestions, I think I may have it figured out now. Your suggestion to "get closer" made me realize I had never tried the macro rig...that was the best thing, it works well.

Other comments and suggestions are welcome.
Views: 3,538
11-15-2010, 08:19 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks miss alex, I don't think I can pick a favorite yet, I'm pleased with them all, especially after the disappointing results I got the last time I tried. But then I didn't have the binocular lens rig set up and never thought to play with the aperture a bit, Tamia got that point across...

11-15-2010, 08:38 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I love them too; good job.
11-16-2010, 10:43 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Farhad
11-16-2010, 11:26 AM   #19
Veteran Member

nice droplets Well captured.

marcus

11-17-2010, 08:20 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks marcus, I'm enjoying getting them. Glad to see it too, we're at least 10 inches below normal rainfall this year. Very dry...statewide burn ban all summer, not good.