Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

A bit of Birding..
Posted By: Scott Rylance, 12-05-2006, 04:40 AM

Got out for an hour the other day. It was pretty hot, and the sun light was a little harsh, but managed to get a few shots I liked of a Heron, and a Kite or Hawk. Thanks for looking....all comments welcome

Views: 2,697
12-06-2006, 03:38 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good stuff!

My favorite is #2, too. A little bit of a head turn to the left would have made this photo even better. See if you can talk the bird into a re-run.

Your herons look quite similar to the North American Great Blue Herons. I'll dig up a couple of my heron shots so you can see the similarities.

The hawk reminds me of our red-tailed.

James- bet you can't get an in-flight hawk shot with your new 2.8!

JCS - It could be worse- you could be living in Hamilton!

12-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Spectacular Scott! You're putting that K10 through it's paces. I love the hawk photos. I like the black border better than the white one, though. I think it would make the hawk photos even more striking than they already are. Very, Very nicely done!
12-06-2006, 08:19 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Sean and Adam. Handheld is a little hard to get good flying bird shots.

James, I've sent you a message, on directions if you want to go there.

Thank you JC and Phil, as a non flight shot I quite like this one as well.

HaHa..thanks Tom, yeah I'll have to have a word with him about that.
I think the Blue Heron is the same as you guys have over there. Not sure about the hawk/kite.

Hi Tracy,
It's getting a resonable work out, and I'm really enjoying the easier controls and flexability. I do prefer the black as well, just thought I'd give the
white ones a try. Thanks for your comments.