Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A disappointing night...
Lens: FA* 300mm/2.8 Camera: K-5 
Posted By: Adam, 11-21-2010, 09:49 PM

...well, sort of. I was signed up for a "moon photography workshop" which turned out to not have anything to do with taking pictures of the moon (I really wanted some pointers on technique), but rather, on walking around the botanical garden and taking some night photos. So here I show up with a 300mm and a gimbal head tripod to shoot landscape....lovely.

It didn't turn out to be a complete waste of time, as I did get a few keepers, but I was pretty annoyed that they didn't inform us more clearly about the nature of the workshop, as I only have 150 lenses in the cabinet all waiting to come out and shoot.

Enough talk; here are the photos:

"The Glowing Cactus"

You can view the exif info here: Desert Botanical Garden at Night Gallery - Photography by Adam Oest

Hope you enjoy!
Views: 2,035
11-22-2010, 05:52 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The first one is very cool, in my view. Also looks like you got a great pic of the moon despite the focus of the workshop.

Jer
11-22-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Well, there wasn't much else I could do with the 300! I forgot to mention- the two shots of the clouded moon used in-camera hdr. Guess the in-camera gimmicks aren't completely useless!
11-22-2010, 08:00 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
I love that moon shot, and the exif data on it is crazy.