Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Ben Nevis
Lens: Zuiko Digital 12-60/f2.8-4 SWD Camera: Olympus E-3 Photo Location: Scotland 
Posted By: nickthetasmaniac, 11-22-2010, 02:25 PM

Hi everyone, here's some more shots from my time in Scotland. These were taken during a day trip to Ben Nevis last weekend. This is the highest peak in the UK and something I've been hoping to do since I came over, so it was great knocking it off the list

All shots E-3 and ZD 12-60 SWD

Views: 2,040
11-22-2010, 03:58 PM   #2

These are great! The one with the backlighting and the silouettes is stunning, but there are several outstanding images in this series. I find them very appealing both as a photographer and as a mountaineer. Regarding the climbers, those mixed conditions are quite tricky, and the photograph does a perfect job of describing the activity and the environment, another stunner!

Congratulations on making the top, the time I was there I couldn't tackle it because of the weather, I long to go back (not just to Ben Nevis but to Scotland in general).

All I can add is that I've enjoyed these photographs a lot, thank you for sharing them (also that lens of yours seems like a great performer ).
11-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
brilliant series nick !! fantastic venue, and your shots (perspectives) capture the scale /enormity of this mountain..... those windswept sculptures are amazing..... thanks for sharing... a special series indeed.... dave m
11-22-2010, 04:09 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gfonso Quote
These are great! The one with the backlighting and the silouettes is stunning, but there are several outstanding images in this series. I find them very appealing both as a photographer and as a mountaineer. Regarding the climbers, those mixed conditions are quite tricky, and the photograph does a perfect job of describing the activity and the environment, another stunner!

Congratulations on making the top, the time I was there I couldn't tackle it because of the weather, I long to go back (not just to Ben Nevis but to Scotland in general).

All I can add is that I've enjoyed these photographs a lot, thank you for sharing them (also that lens of yours seems like a great performer ).
Thanks a lot There were several climbers coming up the northern side of the mountain (we came up the significantly easier western route) but these were the only ones I managed to get a shot of. The wind (note the ice formations in #5 and #8) made if very difficult to stand anywhere near the northern side of the plateau, let along actually take a sharp photo

Lol you're right about the lens, in Oly circles the ZD 12-60 is pretty much a god