Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
TJ's Pub
Posted By: The Pentax Hammer, 09-24-2007, 09:42 AM

TJ's Pub in the lower level of The Ramsdell Inn - Downtown Manistee, Michigan.

I wanted more of the building, but the sky was so overexposed it was ridiculous. Then I started thinking if I was going to crop out the sky, I might as well crop out parked cars too, and some of the uglier parts of this and other buildings. Not too sure about my final result. Opinions on how this looks (bad as well as good) would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Views: 2,100
09-24-2007, 10:16 AM   #2
Forum Member

To be a little bit blunt it doesn't do it for me, sorry.
09-24-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I like it. Without knowing what was cropped, I think more of the top of the building might have helped. There's a nice contrast between the light stone and red brick. Although, there's some CA on the red brick in the upper left...
09-24-2007, 05:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
actually there seems to be some rather ugly color noise going on in the whole image - in the "TJ's Pub" glass it's very evident, and even the stone. What ISO were you using, and lens info too?

If the sky was so overexposed, try a different time of day?

I wouldn't mind seeing a little bit more of the red building too, but I don't mind the composition so much as I mind the noise.

09-24-2007, 07:53 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like it Gary. You've concentrated on the area you wanted to bring attention to. I find it an appealing image. Actually, I'd like to go inside, have a drink and check it out. I would like to see more of the top of the building though.
09-24-2007, 08:00 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Something looks really wrong to me about it, what post processing did you do?

As for my opinion. I like the colors, and it's a neat building, but the composition isn't doing it for me.