Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
wedding
Posted By: potatostar, 12-05-2006, 04:02 PM

I am NOT a wedding photographer by any means, I am a hobbyist who mainly does abstracts or experimental photography. My cousin got married recently and I decided to take some pics, to offer something different than what the aunts, uncles, cousins, etc would be giving her (snapshots or portraits of different combinations of posed family members). I think they turned out good, considering this is not my strength and my light meter was dead and I guessed all the exposures.

Taken with Fuji 400H film on a Pentax K1000, a few samples:

the rest here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/46147039@N00/
Views: 2,121
12-05-2006, 05:00 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They look pretty good to me. I like no.2, neat expression!

The cake looks on quite a lean! Better watch out if volosong sees it!
12-05-2006, 05:08 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
They look pretty good to me. I like no.2, neat expression!
thanks! that was a lucky candid shot, I am so glad I caught it during that expression and not some half-blink.
12-05-2006, 06:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
nicely done.. I always annoy the paid photographers, but I find as a friend you get much more natural looking shots as they are generally more comfortable around you and that leads to better candids...

12-05-2006, 06:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Definitely true

QuoteOriginally posted by joele Quote
nicely done.. I always annoy the paid photographers, but I find as a friend you get much more natural looking shots as they are generally more comfortable around you and that leads to better candids...
A good wedding photographer is someone who can bring out the true inner self of guests or brides, capturing the emotions irradiated by particular individuals in the shortest amount of time.

Friends usually can snap shots that are the precious genuine moments and there are only certain things only true friends reveal to each other (only god knows what it would be)

They are great shots. The second shot has the acid dry background that makes the bride looking so natural and happy. Great posts!