Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Morning Glories - Classy and Classic Ladies
Posted By: Sailor, 12-04-2010, 04:43 PM

We spent last night aboard our boat and I was up (fairly) early this morning with my camera to catch some subjects illuminated by the low, winter sun. A theme developed in that I was shooting some classic cruising sailboats produced by high-end builders over the last several decades. Here are four pics.

Jer

A beautifully restored Bristol 27 manufactured in the '60's (and perhaps the '70's in RI) - this gal is gorgeous under sail:

Detail of an Island Packet 32 produced in the '90's; Island Packet manurfactures high-end, "production" cruising sailboats and appears to be going strong today:

Well maybe she ain't a beauty, but the Morgan Out Island 41, a mid cockpit design, was produced from the early '70's into the '80's:

A very sweet example of a Pacific Seacraft Orion (27) manufactured in the '80's; like Island Packet, Pacific Seacraft is still building exquisite (and breathtakingly expensive) sail and power boats:

Views: 4,201
12-09-2010, 06:03 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Must have been a nice morning walk, Jer! Thanks for posting these great "beauty shots".
I appreciate the nice words - it was a beautiful morning.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Nice shots Jer.Certainly warms up my day in the cold Northeast--charliezap
Thanks, Capn - I noticed you guys have been getting some "real winter" - pretty chilly here this AM (30F) - but we're supposed to get back to highs in the '70's tomorrow.

Jer