Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Lacie, a portrait, Why you should own a 43Ltd.
Lens: 43Ltd Camera: K20D Photo Location: Texas ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/150s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Rupert, 12-04-2010, 09:37 PM

OK, so it is a spoof on Ed n Georgia's thread.....I admit it! How are you Ed, haven't seen you in a long while. Lovely shot you posted, and yes I do want the 77Ltd! I am well pleased with the 43 Ltd, and although I didn't get the shot just right here, it was in no way due to the excellent resolution and rendering of the 43Ltd.
Festus sends his regards! Me too!

Lacie

Views: 1,927
12-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hey Rupert,

Very pretty young lady. Both you and the 43 Ltd have done an excellent job.

At one time I had the 43Ltd. will add it back someday.
12-04-2010, 10:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
"They" tell me that the 31Ltd is the best of the three Ed, but for what I am doing the most of, I think the 43 and 77 fit my needs better? I hope to own a 77 before long. You seem to do excellent with yours. My recent adventures into portraits has shown me that the DA*50-135 is almost a perfect lens for move-around portrait shooting. It is not a prime, but it is near prime quality at every position. I use it a lot. The 58mm Nokton is also a favorite, and equals the 43 Ltd in output quality in my opinion, and I love using it, small and fast to manual focus.
Best Regards!
12-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

beautiful portrait

12-05-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
"They" tell me that the 31Ltd is the best of the three Ed, but for what I am doing the most of, I think the 43 and 77 fit my needs better?
They are all good, so get the one that fits your focal length needs. Personally I never felt the need for the FA31 and it's bigger and more expensive to boot. So for me it's the least interesting and the one I never bought. For others it'll be a different evaluation.
12-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I first viewed the photo, my first thought was what a beautiful Texas girl. They just have a certain beauty about them. I then saw that you WERE from Texas. In our travels we have spent quite a bit of time in different parts of Texas, love the small towns. Thanks Bob
12-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #7
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Rupert I too went on advice that the 31 was 'the best of the 3 amigos' and was certainly impressed with it, but it left me wondering what the other two were like. I can say assuredly ALL of them are just as impressive as each other, and leagues above any other lens I have seen in theor focal lengths, by far and in every way.

Well done with this portrait of Lacie.

12-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I appreciate the comments! I liked this one myself, although it is not near perfect, it still represents her well.

Bob, you won't believe this, I know I didn't.....when I first shot Lacie and told her she was a very pretty young lady, which she is, she thanked me, but said wait until you see my Mom, then you will see real beauty. Knowing she has a brother that is about 23-24, I figured it was the usual "my Mom is pretty" comment all kids give. Wrong! So very wrong! When I first met her Mom, I was absolutely spellbound by her beauty. She could be Lacie's identical twin, but with a little more figure, in all the right places, and picture perfect hair...longer than Lacies, and teeth that are so perfectly perfect you only see a few like them in a lifetime. And skin......no photoshop could ever match the perfection of her skin. I will be shooting her soon, and if I am lying you can find the post and call me a liar, but I have no worry that will be the case. Keep tuned in......

Ash.....Thanks, and in time I will own the 77 and 31, in that order I think. I am enjoying the 43, it is a very sweet lens. I have three favorites for portraits...the 43, the 58mm Nokton, a terrific little jewel! , and the DA*50-135, which is great for an old guy that doesn't want to zoom with his old legs!

Best Regards!
12-05-2010, 10:35 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rupert, they also wear those wrangler jeans very well, not that I noticed.
12-06-2010, 08:12 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah Bob, who would ever notice....right? LOL!
Best Regards!
12-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Rupert, they also wear those wrangler jeans very well, not that I noticed.
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Yeah Bob, who would ever notice....right? LOL!
Best Regards!
Is that right? Maybe I should start paying attention (even at my advanced age).

Jer

Nice portrait, BTW.
12-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rupert, that is one nice picture of a beautiful young lady, thanks for showing us. As for the 43 and the other two I only dream.

Take care,
12-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Is that right? Maybe I should start paying attention (even at my advanced age).

Jer

Nice portrait, BTW.
Jer, from were I sit you are just a youngster, so do pay attention.

Take care,
12-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Guys, it never hurts to take a look, and the girls are not just showing off for each other, so it is at least somewhat expected. Gawking is not polite, but a sly smile is always appreciated!
Regards!
« First Snow | Guitar »