Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Hiking Pawnee Buttes
Lens: Pentax DA 40 Limited Camera: Kx Photo Location: Northern Colorado 
Posted By: Colorado CJ, 12-04-2010, 10:09 PM

Went for a hike today at Pawnee Buttes. I took along my Kx and me new DA 40 Limited (arrived yesturday!). It was pretty overcast and windy, so the lighting was always changing. Made for some pretty interesting photos (although I might be biased )

I sure see what all the fuss is about with these Limiteds! I see myself being very poor in the future, but having a few more Limited lenses .

Last edited by Colorado CJ; 12-04-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Views: 2,170
12-05-2010, 06:38 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love all these photos! That formation/rock in Pawnee6 is very unusual. That lens is a winner, I'd say. So you have no snow there?
12-05-2010, 07:06 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, great shots, congrats!
12-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #4
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

what a beautiful place and you took some fabulous pictures

12-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Since getting the Kx (my first DSLR) and now better lenses, my photography has grown leaps and bounds from when I used my FZ20.

This DA 40 Limited is so nice and fun to use. I really like the bokeh this lens has as well as the sharpness. It really brings the subject out from the background.

Tamia, no snow yet. Colorado is nearly semi-desert in most areas, so heavy snows are not normally common, excluding in the mountains. It DOES snow here, but when it does, it is usually gone a few days later. At most, a heavy snow stays around for a few weeks. Yet the mountains get TONS of snow. Average winter temps can get into the 40's-50's on the front range with cold snaps every couple of weeks.

It is really the best of both worlds. Winters aren't harsh usually, but you can still get into the snow in a matter of minutes to have fun with winter activities.

Friday the temperature was 62 degrees.
12-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You dispel all my previously held impressions of Colorado, CJ! Sounds like an ideal place to live and to ride a bike all year!
12-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #7
Banned

Great shots, I love the last one.

12-05-2010, 05:38 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Absolutely lovely. I'm itching to get hold of my very own DA 40!
12-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
You dispel all my previously held impressions of Colorado, CJ! Sounds like an ideal place to live and to ride a bike all year!
No, No, No, Colorado is a horrible place! Nothing but frozen tundra in the winter and scalding hot temperatures and zero humidity that turns you into a dried out mummy in the summers. It is an awful place not even worth visiting

In all seriousness, it is probably one of the top places to live if you have ANY interest in outdoor activities. I've been to many places and will probably live in Colorado for the rest of my life. You really can't beat it.

QuoteQuote:
I'm itching to get hold of my very own DA 40!
I've only had mine for 2 days. The photos in this thread were some of the first pictures taken with it. I can already say, this is ONE GREAT LENS!