Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Watson Lake -- Your Favorites?
Posted By: sajmmiller, 12-10-2010, 09:56 AM

Hi All,

Been a while since I've posted. After a cross-country move from Arkansas to Arizona, I'm just now starting to get out and shoot a bit. I'm glad to see some familiar names still on this forum, and hope you all are doing well.

If possible, I'd appreciate some feedback on which of the following photos you prefer and why.

Thank you!

Views: 4,015
12-13-2010, 06:13 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Another vote for number 3, but 4 is very close.

Jer
Thank you Jer!

12-14-2010, 08:09 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Among the first three, the framing is best in #1 but colours are best in #3, imo.
12-14-2010, 08:35 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I prefer #1 and #4. #1 for its composition and tones. I'd say I appreciate the fact that the more of the stones on the bottom of the frame are visible. Gives a sense of space and distance across the frame. And #4 because I think the sky is more successful and it goes better with the rest of the images. All 5 are very competent landscapes all asking for big print.
12-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Among the first three, the framing is best in #1 but colours are best in #3, imo.
Thanks Georg!

12-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #20
Veteran Member

1st and 4th look best to me
12-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mystic Quote
1st and 4th look best to me
Thanks for your reply Mystic!

QuoteOriginally posted by Boris Quote
I prefer #1 and #4. #1 for its composition and tones. I'd say I appreciate the fact that the more of the stones on the bottom of the frame are visible. Gives a sense of space and distance across the frame. And #4 because I think the sky is more successful and it goes better with the rest of the images. All 5 are very competent landscapes all asking for big print.
Glad you liked them all Boris. Thanks for your detailed reply! I will probably print a couple big and see what they look like.

It's interesting to see such an assortment of different preferences. #2 was the only one that didn't receive any votes. It was my least favorite out of the first three also, especially since #3 was the same composition and also had the warmer light with the added bonus of the duck + "V". So out of the first three, #3 was the favorite with #1 not too far behind. #5 was preferred over #4, but the votes were almost equal.

Of the first three, I've decided to work up #3 for a print, but I'm still trying to decide between #4 and #5. I like the sunset color on the water better in #4, but I like the shoreline light, composition, and cleaner sky better in #5. I'm leaning towards #5, but I may print both and compare.

Thanks again, everyone, for your opinions! Much appreciated.