Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Bass Guitar
Posted By: Redmanll34, 09-27-2007, 10:19 PM

Maybe I'm crazy but does anyone else like this. This picture stood out from the rest of the batch. Can you distinguish what it is(i know I already told you)? I know this won't be everyone’s taste but let me know what you think, good and bad please.

Thanks for looking
Tom
Views: 2,870
09-27-2007, 11:08 PM   #2

It is ok. It makes for a good abstract, but, seems like it might be out of focus, but that's probably just your lack of light.
09-28-2007, 02:07 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah I like it, but I'm not sure what I'd do with it. Maybe at least a touch of it in focus would have been better.
09-28-2007, 03:24 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You have the beginnings of a good idea here. As the others have said, at least part of it needs to be in clear focus. I think, compositionally, it could be improved by being more diagonal (body of guitar in one corner, neck going toward other). This would break up the large negative areas into smaller pieces and help lead the viewer on a particular path through the image. As it is, my eye bounces from feature to feature in no consistent order.

09-29-2007, 03:15 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I dig it Tom. I enjoy the color and - frankly - the "blurry", abstract look - yet it is clearly recognizable as a bass.

Either you're not crazy or we both are. Anyway, if we weren't a little crazy, we'd go nuts.

Jer

Last edited by Sailor; 09-29-2007 at 03:16 PM. Reason: senile
09-29-2007, 03:50 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Jer I like your style, tonight Ill be shooting the bass again to see if I can improve upon it. I just got a viv 55/2.1 so that might help the low light and focus. Thanks everyone on your thoughts, hopefully updates on this pic tonight
09-29-2007, 05:40 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Redmanll34 Quote
Jer I like your style, tonight Ill be shooting the bass again to see if I can improve upon it. I just got a viv 55/2.1 so that might help the low light and focus. Thanks everyone on your thoughts, hopefully updates on this pic tonight
Looking forward to it. I just noticed you're in Boston. I lived in Watertown in the early '70's. Dash across the Charles and up Storrow and you're at Fenway. Carl Yastrzemski was on the team in those days and a joy to watch. Back then, you could buy a ticket at the door and go to a game on a whim.

Jer