Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Race for the Cure Fashion show/band/after party
Posted By: hamidlmt, 09-28-2007, 07:57 PM

Last weekend I did my first fashion show during the after party of the Race for the Cure run in Portland, Oregon. I brought along the K10D w/Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 and *ist DS with my new 50-200mm. Got a lot of great candids and shots of a band which I'll post later on. For the fashion show, I stuck with the quick focusing K10D/Tamron lens combo. I also threw on the AF-540 flash dialed down to about -2.0 for some fill.

It was a fun fashion show... most of the models weren't professionals... a few were and you could really tell the difference! But, looks like everyone had fun!

Here are a few of my favs...

Last edited by hamidlmt; 09-29-2007 at 03:47 AM.
Views: 2,450
09-29-2007, 03:54 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The Shelly Rudolph Quintet

09-29-2007, 03:58 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Candids from the after party

09-29-2007, 04:57 AM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very good series. I love the 'mad' looking child that doesn't seem to want his picture taken. The girl in the cowboy hat and the gal trying to figure out her camera. (caption: Ok the guy at the store sold me this expensive C or N and said it was easy to use. How do I turn this thing on....)

09-29-2007, 12:53 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Very good series. I love the 'mad' looking child that doesn't seem to want his picture taken. The girl in the cowboy hat and the gal trying to figure out her camera. (caption: Ok the guy at the store sold me this expensive C or N and said it was easy to use. How do I turn this thing on....)
Thanks!

I really like the squatting child shot. It looks like he didn't want his picture taken, but he was just about to get up then noticed the camera and stayed down!

The woman with the camera was another one of the "official" photographers for the event. She said later that she didn't get too many shots and was having problems with lens flare. I told her lens hoods were her friend and that I felt like a nailed a ton of shots.

Lots of super-zooms amongst the low-end Canon and Nikons that were there... not a lens hood in the bunch which was very helpful for the noon day sun.
09-29-2007, 01:02 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My favourite : No2 Mum and child. Lovely photo that.
The stripe on the left is a little distracting, could be cropped out.
However, great shot IMHO