Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My first post! [Sigma 17-70 + K100D]
Posted By: kvish, 10-01-2007, 04:09 AM

Hi all,
I have been lurking around in the forum as a visitor for the last few months. Most importantly during the buying process and ofcourse to choose my lens/camera combo. I have been having a lot of fun with my K100D and the sigma 17-70. I thought I'd share a few random pictures that I have taken recently. This combo is amazing! And the lens performs at almost all conditions. Just that I need to get the camera settings right. (particularly white balance etc I am new to all this)

One problem I have is in managing pink colour. It seems that the K100D doesnt like the red and the pink colour. I am not sure what I am doing wrong (the pink rose with the fly for eg)

Please let me know your thoughts.

[More images in reply]

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 

Views: 2,132
10-01-2007, 04:12 AM   #2

Original Poster
More Images:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
10-01-2007, 04:24 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some nice shots of your area, like the performers. The bug/flower shots look a little soft and might be better with a tripod or center spot focus. Looking forward to lots more of this beautiful land. As for reds, that's a common issue for all digital sensors. Bright reds/pinks have a tendency to wash out a bit. A few suggestions that I use, Shoot in manual when possible and slightly underexpose the shot either manually or using -EV compensation. Also shoot in RAW which has greater lattitude for adjustments in the computer. Same goes for sunsets and other bright shots with lots of highlights.

Last edited by Peter Zack; 10-01-2007 at 04:30 AM.
10-01-2007, 04:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Hey! Cambodia! Fun place to be. I have fond memories of the place, and I hope to come back there again someday.

Great shots, thanks for sharing, and welcome.

10-02-2007, 06:51 PM   #5
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
Hey! Cambodia! Fun place to be. I have fond memories of the place, and I hope to come back there again someday.

Great shots, thanks for sharing, and welcome.
I think these shots are from Singapore actually. The first picture of the Fullerton Hotel looks like it is right behind the Merlion, Singapore's national symbol. That's my guess anyway, anyone confirm this?
10-02-2007, 09:16 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I've had similar problems shooting bright red/purple/magenta flowers. They super-saturate and lose all kinds of detail.
10-04-2007, 01:39 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you all for your comments. I should have been specific in the first post. I shot these pictures (other than the flowers) during my recent trip to Singapore and Cambodia. (both awesome places!) This is such a versatile lens and the more I use it, the more it amazes me!

I realized I have done a horrible job in resizing the images. The quality is quite bad. (I used acdsee) I guess I need a web gallery first and post links instead of attaching images.