Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Weekend drive
Posted By: mtnbearhug, 10-02-2007, 04:16 PM

My boyfriend and I went for a drive up (scouting for snow) this weekend and here are a few of my better shots... The colors were WONDERFUL..... (4 pics)

A rainbow colored creek bed..

Bright red Ferns of somesort.. I have never seen them before.. Does anyone know what they are?

I tried so hard to get a closeup of the snow and water dripping from the trees.. (almost a half roll!!!).. this was the best shot...

A tinge of color and a hint of the first snow..

C&C is welcome I mostly use my smc pentax 80 - 200, 400 speed film either lanscrape or Macro setting.
Views: 1,231
10-02-2007, 08:47 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well mtnbearhug your first picture shows a fishy looking creek so I like it! Can you tell me the name of that creek? If you don't want to hotspot it, no problem, I understand.

I live a bit further north than you and I spend my fair share of time in the woods and haven't seen ferns like that up here, I have no idea as to their identity, sorry.

I like your third shot but I'm not ready for snow!:-)

Your 4th shot shows the very same problems I have shooting in the woods. The white sky drives me crazy and the branches and stuff in the foreground on the left are very distracting. I 'm not sure but I don't think the yellow brush fits either, it's indistinct, you know? I can't make out much detail in it. I think you were concentrating on the two beautiful trees in the center and this other stuff got in the way. And that's the problem, in our neck of the woods something distracting is ALWAYS getting in the way:-). It drives me nuts. I love the mountains, I love being in them, my soul is at peace in the mountains and I want to share this with people.......but I haven't figured out the way to capture my feelings of the mountains in a photograph.....yet. Keep shooting mtnbearhug, I'm pretty sure I understand your quest, you'll get there.
10-02-2007, 08:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for reply..

QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote
Well mtnbearhug your first picture shows a fishy looking creek so I like it! Can you tell me the name of that creek? If you don't want to hotspot it, no problem, I understand.
I actually can't tell you the name of the creek. LOL.. but what I can tell you is it is the one the runs between Lowman and Garden Valley.. My boyfriends and I's drive took us up Hwy 21 up and over Morris Creek Summit (the pic of the trees) to lowman to Gardenvalley .. to Banks.. to Smiths Ferry and up to Sage Hen and back down to Emmett..

thank you for the feedback on the pics.. I really appreciate it.. and yes there does seem to always be something in the way.. but tha is ok.. atleast there is always something to take pics of..

How far North are you?? My boyfriend (mopar1973man) live north of New Meadows?? are you close to him or way up north???
10-02-2007, 09:06 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Way up north in Coeur d'Alene.

10-03-2007, 05:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
definately pretty

QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote
Way up north in Coeur d'Alene.
Well you definately live in the pretty country... that is for sure!!!! Maybe one of these days we can meet in the middle?? LOL