Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My London experiences(lots of pics)
Posted By: vdubbin099, 10-03-2007, 06:43 AM

Well I am studying abroad for 3 months and this week we decided to do some of the "tourist" stuff. So we went to see Big Ben, Parliment, Buckingham Palace, the aquarium and finally we took a tour of a winery and then Leeds Castle. If anyone is traveling to London I highly recomend going on the tour of Parliment(if it is going on when you are there it is only for 4 or 5 months out of the year), the rooms inside are simply amazing. I wish I could post pics of it, but no photography is allowed inside for security reasons. I have found that London's overcast sky works well with HDR shots, well on with the pics.

Fountain outside of Parliment(HDR)

Parliment(HDR)

One of Parliments amazing doors(HDR)

Puffer fish from the aquarium I just like the weird blue eyes

Winery front lawn(HDR)

Leeds Castle Moat(HDR)

3 pics pano of castle and moat

Back of castle(HDR)

My friend giving another a flower that he found(this pic isnt set up, I just happend to see him doing it)

Hope you enjoyed and I am going to Ireland this weekend so hopefully I should have some more decent shots from there.
Views: 5,589
10-03-2007, 08:36 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice pictures

I enjoyed looking at your pictures.....well done. The overcast sky over here may be good for HDR, but is no good for getting a tan !!

Leeds Castle is a great place to visit and your shots were very good. Just a note for other interested visitors....it is nowhere near the city of Leeds.
10-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
I enjoyed looking at your pictures.....well done. The overcast sky over here may be good for HDR, but is no good for getting a tan !!

Leeds Castle is a great place to visit and your shots were very good. Just a note for other interested visitors....it is nowhere near the city of Leeds.

Thanks for the comments and yea we were all really suprised when we figured out where Leeds Castle actually is compared to the actual city of Leeds. I can't wait to see more of your country and hopefully gets some good shots
10-03-2007, 07:29 PM   #4
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dang, Love those colors in all! (minus the b&w one of course ) Really beautiful!

10-03-2007, 11:55 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vdubbin099 Quote
Wow, this shot is beautiful!
10-04-2007, 09:48 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
Dang, Love those colors in all! (minus the b&w one of course ) Really beautiful!
Thanks for the comments, I had just found this HDR program that I really like called Dynamic-Photo HDR (it makes some really good pics)

QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
Wow, this shot is beautiful!
Thank you, that pic and the parliment door pic are my favs
10-04-2007, 10:29 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Sureal to say the least. Must know, was there any PP - if you say no I'm giving up photography and selling my equipment.

I like the B/W too - looking at the finger gesture, I think there is more than just finding a flower. I think you did a great job with capturing that one as well.
10-04-2007, 10:57 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Great shots. The compositons, colours and reflections are wonderful.

Paul

10-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Sureal to say the least. Must know, was there any PP - if you say no I'm giving up photography and selling my equipment.

I like the B/W too - looking at the finger gesture, I think there is more than just finding a flower. I think you did a great job with capturing that one as well.

Yea there was PP in all the pics but the blow fish and the pano of the castle(well I guess I stiched the pics together so there was PP), I dont want any breakdown that causes you to sell all your equipment. Thanks for the comments, I think there might be a little more than just giving a flower too

QuoteOriginally posted by channeler Quote
Great shots. The compositons, colours and reflections are wonderful.

Paul

Thank you, I just got back from a 3 day Ireland trip sooo I should have some pretty decent shots up from that trip too.