Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Cambodia Temple
Lens: F28/2.8 Camera: K20D Photo Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: paugie, 01-04-2011, 04:28 PM

Took this one over a holiday trip to Cambodia. AV mode @ F7.1. It's supposed to be one with faces on each of the "spires". But seems like it's not that apparent. The photo can not start to do justice to the place.

I have a few more with details of the place. But these are plain resized out of camera. Wish I knew how to truly enhance them. These last were taken with the DA40. The first one was with the F28

Views: 2,537
01-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wow - a great view of the temple. I love series like this one that are so effective in showing me parts of the world I've never seen.

Jer
01-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A bit of an optical illusion for me in # 1. It looks to be tilted a bit but it is not.

Sure looks like the kind of structures found in South America but on a grander scale.

Thanks for the great show.
01-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you for your comments. It truly is satisfying to have a post acknowledged.

Yes, this was a good uncluttered view of the temple. It's the rear and very few people exit this way as their vehicles park in front so they exit the way they came.

And the reason why I posted is to share an experience which I was given. A grace if you could call it that.

There are some more from the trip if you wish to visit. The facebook album is open to anybody who can login to facebook.

The multiply link is open to anybody with an internet connection.

Again, thanks for commenting.

Benjamin's Site - Pictures from my Family's Holiday heh-heh, sorry if the camera on the page is obviously not a Pentax

Login | Facebook

01-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shots, appreciate you posting the photos, the do resemble Mayan Indian ruins in a way. Do you know about what year or time period they were constructed. Thanks for sharing, Bob
01-05-2011, 02:51 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Ah, these bring back some great memories. Spent a (very hot) week scrambling around the ruins a few years back. A truly magical place. Did you also get out to Ta Phrohm?

Bob Harris - the complex was built around the 12th century. Even though it is technically a temple complex when you're walking around it feels more like a city.
01-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I like shots like these also. You captured the look and feel of an interesting place. Thanks for posting them.

01-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #8

Original Poster
Thank you for posting.
Funny that I completely neglected to read up on the Angkor Wat. Appreciate the reminder, thoughton. The Wikipedia article fills in a lot of blanks.