Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Unpaid Couple Shoot - Looking for C&C
Posted By: qdoan, 10-03-2007, 10:11 AM

I'm fairly new to the game and looking to expand my portfolio. With that in mind, my close friends asked me to do their 6 1/2 year anniv photos. Looking for C&C and any cool new suggestions. Everything was shot with the 2 sigma lens I own and minimal PP.

Here's a link the the full set: Minh & Cheryl's Photoshoot

Views: 1,661
10-03-2007, 10:43 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Great stuff and here comes the C&C:

Image 1: the background is too bright to make this work, either try some photoshop or redo the shot on an overcast day because the pose and composition are good.

Image 2: needs a diffuser to block out the harsh light or find some shade, but again the pose and comp are good.

Image 3: I'm not sure about the pose or the comp but the image is good.

4-7: Are all awesome shots, great comp and poses, you should be very proud of those and will number 4 is a great addition to a portfolio.

8: I love the expression but not the comp, try getting in tighter to get rid of all the distractions in the background or change the angle while lowering the aperture.

9: needs a diffuser or some photoshop to fix the tree highlight being burned out completely or try an overcast day.

10: is awesome and she looks quite swell with a camera in her hand.

Great stuff and just some minor bugs in the images so you should be very very happy with your results!
10-03-2007, 12:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

That was great CC... helpful to me too!!

The only thing I don't agree with is #8. I really like that shot and all the 'stuff' in the background. The couple could be a little crisper and the background a little more blurred, but I really like it as it is too.

You got lots of great shots and that couple must be delighted!!
10-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you for all the wonderful comments! The CC is exactly what I'm looking for codiac. Keep them coming. I did experiment more with different angles and poses for some of the shots I posted here, and you can find them in the gallery I linked in the orig post.

10-03-2007, 02:19 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I personally don't like the first one but the rest are excellent - great job.

Thanks for posting these because, as the result of the above c&c, I too have learnt something.

Well done Quan, I think your handsome and Pretty friends should at least take you out to dinner - does that make it a paid job and therefore professional?