Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Don't You Wish You Were Mike ?
Posted By: daacon, 10-03-2007, 07:11 PM

I was going through some old photos and came across this one and thought at least the males would enjoy. Even though it was shot with a C** PS I thought some would enjoy it and the story behind it.

Every summer for the last 8 or 9 years on the July long weekend we get our ball team (slo-pitch/softball) together for the Funtastic tournament in Vernon BC. This tournament usually attracts between 200 and 300 teams. It is not a money tournament and the prizes are not why everyone comes back. The beer gardens always have live bands and generally Saturday night is the old Canadian Rock and Rollers - I have seen April Wine, Trooper, Streetheart, Prism, Chilliwack, some great local bands and several tribute bands. It is always a great time and one year they had about 7000 people at the beer gardens!!!

Anyway we tried to convince one of our younger players Mike , a 26 year old good looking lad who is a pilot to come on down and hang with some of us 26 + 14'ish year olds as we said there are always a lot of people there , wide range of ages (from 16 - 60) and a great great time. Well he eventually decided not to come - so my wife and one of her good friends decided to go around the Beer Gardens that night with a sign and see how many women they could get to pose with the sign.

Well to summarize you would be amazed at 11:00 pm on a Saturday night beer garden with women asking what other women would do ! I have several photos I cannot post here for sure! This is one of the few 'G' rated shots of the series and by far the best group shot.

To finalize the story - Mike almost cried as he watched the DVD show we put together of all the pictures of all the women who 'Wished he was here".

Name:  img_3996.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  51.5 KB

Views: 1,935
10-03-2007, 08:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great story and a very, very nice photo. Who cares what camera you used.

Cheers

Eddie
10-03-2007, 09:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

That is a good story Dave, thanks for posting.

I don't know if I've ever mentioned that my e-mail box isn't censored...
stu at bcscenicwonder dot com
hint hint hint
10-04-2007, 03:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Must be something wrong with my eyes. It took me quite a while to spot the "wish you were here" sign.

10-04-2007, 05:59 AM   #5
Veteran Member

It figures it would Mike.
10-04-2007, 06:22 AM   #6
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm changing my first name and switching to Budwiezer. Great story and I hope Mike is still shedding a tear or 2!!
10-04-2007, 07:14 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Now I understand how you guys get through those long winters.

10-04-2007, 09:16 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Yup, I'm moving to Canada, women look a lot better up there and the cold is bracing! LOL, nice stuff.
10-04-2007, 10:51 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Great story and photo Dave. Will have to make a point of looking in on the "Funtastic" when Eileen and I hopefully get to BC full time. In the meantime perhaps you would like to do a "Paul, wish you were here" photo as a testimonial for me to send to Canadian Immigration. Not bothered who's in it: girls, men, whatever. Numbers are the critical factor. A very wide angle lens might be best.

Paul

Last edited by channeler; 10-04-2007 at 03:08 PM.
10-04-2007, 04:02 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mingdie Quote
Great story and a very, very nice photo. Who cares what camera you used.

Cheers

Eddie

Thanks Eddie - yeah on a picture like that you are right who cares !

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
That is a good story Dave, thanks for posting.

I don't know if I've ever mentioned that my e-mail box isn't censored...
stu at bcscenicwonder dot com
hint hint hint
Thanks Stu - haha you really dont want those pics do ya hahaha

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Must be something wrong with my eyes. It took me quite a while to spot the "wish you were here" sign.
Thanks Mike it's there honest !!! Look away from the cleavage

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
It figures it would Mike.
Thanks JC - you know what it could have been JC Maybe next year

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I'm changing my first name and switching to Budwiezer. Great story and I hope Mike is still shedding a tear or 2!!
Thanks Peter - yes Mike never did get over this (those pics are from '04) - that is the only downside - limited selection of beer but that yeah they had Kokanee so I was ok ! (sponsorship) - although a small price to pay to see such a bevy of beauties !

QuoteOriginally posted by PeterAM Quote
Now I understand how you guys get through those long winters.
Thanks Peter - yeah there are some warm feelings in those pics for sure !

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Yup, I'm moving to Canada, women look a lot better up there and the cold is bracing! LOL, nice stuff.
Thanks Chris - I have seen some beauties from your lens as well. That picture could make a man move for sure

QuoteOriginally posted by channeler Quote
Great story and photo Dave. Will have to make a point of looking in on the "Funtastic" when Eileen and I hopefully get to BC full time. In the meantime perhaps you would like to do a "Paul, wish you were here" photo as a testimonial for me to send to Canadian Immigration. Not bothered who's in it: girls, men, whatever. Numbers are the critical factor. A very wide angle lens might be best.

Paul
Thanks Paul - best of luck with the immigration - I know there is a lot of red tape involved. If you do make let me know as that is pertty much home for us for tha July long weekend - suspect will keep going there until I can no longer walk !

and since you enjoiyed them here are a couple more to re-enforce my story oh Mike oh Mike haha

Name:  img_3988.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  26.9 KB
Name:  img_3983.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  42.7 KB
Name:  img_3954 (Large).jpg
Views: 144
Size:  29.5 KB