Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Photos from my autumn Japan trip
Camera: Pentax k-x Photo Location: Japan 
Posted By: catastrophe, 01-07-2011, 01:22 AM

Hi everyone,

I've just finished editing my Japan photos in Lightroom and uploaded them on flickr. I'm still new to dSLR and only got my k-x October last year, just 2 weeks before my trip. But thanks to the excellent information and advice provided in this forum, I was able to get some nice shots.

sephiroth.zer0's photosets on Flickr

I used 3 lenses for this trip, the Sigma 17-70mm, Pentax 15mm and Tamron 90mm macro. Lightroom really helped to make these shots look much better than out of camera...

Feel free to comment on them!
Views: 1,901
01-07-2011, 03:21 AM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice photographs and thank you for sharing.

I visited Japan many times, and spent over 12 months altogether there. I seem to recognise a few places in the mountain that I might have visited.

Lovely...
01-07-2011, 03:27 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Probably better to post six or less of your favorites or ones you wold like CC on and also provide the reference to the rest.
01-07-2011, 06:59 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sparkle Quote
Probably better to post six or less of your favorites or ones you wold like CC on and also provide the reference to the rest.
There's too many to choose from, the ones that represents the set are usually my favorites from that particular set.

01-07-2011, 07:01 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hcc Quote
Nice photographs and thank you for sharing.

I visited Japan many times, and spent over 12 months altogether there. I seem to recognise a few places in the mountain that I might have visited.

Lovely...
Wow! I've been there 4 times and only spent 1.5 months in total. How many times have you been there?
01-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #6
Veteran Member

You have taken some beautiful shots of a country I would love to visit. I did not have time to look at all of them but the composition of those I did see were well done. My only criticism would be that I would have liked to have seen a slower shutter speed on some of the waterfall shots.
01-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by catastrophe Quote
an m
Thanks for the comment. Most of my waterfall shots were taken with a shutter speed of 1/6 to 1 sec. The big waterfall at Fukuroda was taken with a shutter speed of between 10 sec to 20 sec. It was thundering down at really high speed so it's hard to make it dreamy...

01-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #8
hcc
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by catastrophe Quote
Wow! I've been there 4 times and only spent 1.5 months in total. How many times have you been there?
catastrophe,
Since 1993, I have been to Japan over a dozen times. I spent 6 months in 1999, 4 months in 2001, 1 month in 2008, and almost one week during each other visit. I love the country side where people are very friendly. I speak no Japanese but I had never any pb in the small towns and country side.