Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Route 66 Kitsch
Posted By: GirlsGoneRacin, 10-05-2007, 04:40 AM

On a recent marching band trip to Oklahoma, we got the chance to check out a couple of Route 66 icons. I am a huge fan of the movie Cars and Route 66 lore so finding the Big Blue Whale in Catoosa, and the World's Largest Totem Pole in Foyil really made my day. Also shown is a chunk of the original Route 66 with its unique curb.

Views: 2,246
10-05-2007, 10:26 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very cool photos

Jim
10-05-2007, 03:45 PM   #3
Forum Member

Great shots! I actually live on Route 66 in Azusa, California and I am going to photograph a fun Route 66 event here on October 8th. Azusa Pacific University has purchased (years ago) the first drive-in movie theater on Route 66. The city made them keep the old sign for the theater as part of the sale and APU has restored it and will re-lighting it with new neon lights this weekend. It's just down the street from me so I thought I'd go shoot it. I'll post them if you're interested!
10-05-2007, 07:33 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My last vacation was the California section of Route 66. Very nice and interesting.

I'm at my posting limit here, but you can see Route 66 pix here (starting at the Route 66 logo):
KylePix/2007 First half - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting