Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My youngest... in B/W
Posted By: pog, 12-08-2006, 02:46 AM

She'll be 7 months old next week...

Sunday, December 3, 2006 - 3:16 pm
PENTAX *ist DS, 1/180s, f5, FA 50mm/1.4, ISO 200, AF280T (off-camera w/pocket bouncer)

Views: 2,396
12-08-2006, 03:53 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Really good shot POG,

It almost seems like she's saying (I can't hear ya dad with that camera in your face) she's a very pretty little girl and I love those big eyes.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
12-08-2006, 04:50 AM   #3
roy
Inactive Account

looks like she's trying to wiggle her ears.
12-08-2006, 09:21 AM   #4
Inactive Account

I really like this, the black and white suits it. Clever girl...7 mos. and already knows to make faces at Dad when he points that camera at her.

I notice a light reflection line in her left eye..her left, the right one in the picture. Not a big deal but I wonder if it could be taken out, the picture is certainly worth it.

12-08-2006, 04:03 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pog Quote
She'll be 7 months old next week...

Sunday, December 3, 2006 - 3:16 pm
PENTAX *ist DS, 1/180s, f5, FA 50mm/1.4, ISO 200, AF280T (off-camera w/pocket bouncer)
OMG! what a beautiful baby!

great shot, more more more!

thanks for sharing it with us

randy
12-08-2006, 04:38 PM   #6
Forum Member

Lovely shot - "my, what big eyes you've got - All the better to see you with..."

Just wondering how you managed the AF280T off camera? I guess you didn't use the built-in flash as I can see only one pinpoint of light in her eyes. Did you use a cable? This is one of very few shots I actually like taken with a flashgun.

Duncan.
12-08-2006, 09:02 PM   #7
pog

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Duncan J Murray Quote
Lovely shot - "my, what big eyes you've got - All the better to see you with..."

Just wondering how you managed the AF280T off camera? I guess you didn't use the built-in flash as I can see only one pinpoint of light in her eyes. Did you use a cable? This is one of very few shots I actually like taken with a flashgun.

Duncan.
Promaster makes a pretty good cable... TTL, coiled, one piece (not like the Pentax gear), not too expensive. I got mine at onecall.com... in stock, roughly $50 ProMaster Off Camera TTL Cord Pentax (8179) In Stock - OneCall.com I also used a bouncer on the flash. The only real downside to this arrangement is that I can't (easily) use manual focus... I have an L bracket but I find it a bit too restrictive.

The end of the cord is thick enough that it's impossible to raise the on-camera flash with it attached... I dunno if both on- and off-camera flash can work together at the same time. I'm still just learning this stuff.

Thanks everyone for looking and commenting! Between work, 2 kids, the wife, etc, etc, I rarely have time to go "out" and shoot. Most of my shots these days are of the kids... I have plenty more to post.
12-09-2006, 12:51 PM   #8
clm

QuoteOriginally posted by pog Quote

The end of the cord is thick enough that it's impossible to raise the on-camera flash with it attached... I dunno if both on- and off-camera flash can work together at the same time.
Yes, contrast-control-sync flash mode is referred to but not fully explained in the manual. It requires the pentax shoe adapter Fg, which is designed to allow the flash to pop up, and the cable and one of the flash shoe adapters.

You may also need an FT, FTZ, or FGZ series flash, I just looked it up in old and new manuals and am still not sure.

Last edited by clm; 12-09-2006 at 01:38 PM. Reason: added info