Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

In Bad Light, Shoot Tight
Posted By: jaieger, 01-15-2011, 09:51 PM

A few weeks ago, I drove past this place with train tracks and factory buildings and the like; with a moody, cloudy sky, it looked absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, I had no time to stop, and no place to park anyways. Today I went back, only to find out that it was all private property. Not wanting to waste what was quickly becoming my favorite type of weather for photography (overcast skies - not so much my favorite for walking to school), I went instead to a nearby park. Much to my delight, not only was there overcast sky there, but fog. This was my first outting with my taks, I think my only time totally doing manual focus for an entire photowalk.

All shot with the 28/3.5 except for the B&W of the mop-like plant, which was with the 50/1.4 wide open.
Views: 2,960
01-17-2011, 01:17 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Some of the best images I have taken were on overcast days. Deepcove can be beautiful in the early morning fog. Go up Indian Arm in a canoe or sailboat. Now that is one beautiful area. Cheers and looking forward to seeing more from you. Cheers JIMBO
Consider that place added to my list of areas to check out during the holidays! Thanks for the tip.

01-17-2011, 03:50 AM   #17
Inactive Account

"And why exactly do you refer him to those sources? Any particular criticism? (The pics are underexposed, but it seems deliberately so.)"

From his prologue and profile it seemed he was a novice. IMO, for examples, the composition could be greatly improved and the subject matter is dubious at best.

Good photograph requires learning and hard work. People must be encouraged to improve.
01-17-2011, 04:24 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Lovely set - I really like #4 & 5. Those Taks are really something aren't they ? Check out the bokeh and rendering.
01-17-2011, 05:27 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Interesting links, Sparkle.

01-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sparkle Quote
"And why exactly do you refer him to those sources? Any particular criticism? (The pics are underexposed, but it seems deliberately so.)"

From his prologue and profile it seemed he was a novice. IMO, for examples, the composition could be greatly improved and the subject matter is dubious at best.

Good photograph requires learning and hard work. People must be encouraged to improve.
Maybe it's just me but it sounds like you read my intro and sig and based half your opinion on that

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Lovely set - I really like #4 & 5. Those Taks are really something aren't they ? Check out the bokeh and rendering.
Indeed - I really need to give that 50/1.4 a bit more of a workout next time, but the 28/3.5 has really blown me away, which is funny because it's the most pedestrian of my lenses - rather slow, middle-of-the-road focal length, and yet it all comes together to make a great lens. Thanks for the comment!