Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Castle tour
Posted By: axl, 10-06-2007, 10:41 AM

Couple of weeks ago, we decided with my girlfriend to go on one day trip on Kentish coast. We've seen 3 castles in one day and filled 3 memory cards. Well worth it. And we had beautifull day, too.
Here is few pics from that trip. Hope you'll enjoy.
please C&C ...

our first stop was Dover...

our 2nd stop was Deal pier...

then we walked on the beach...

towards Deal castle...

and then we walked to Walmer castle...

made one pano there...

Views: 1,568
10-06-2007, 12:05 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
wonderful shots, esspecially like the 3rd, I can never seem to get one composed in that way
10-09-2007, 10:53 PM   #3

Great pictures - wonderful colours. The beach is GREAT. That should be a giant poster somewhere.

Interesting aside: I am told that the frame on which the pile of canonballs is piled (cf pic 4, behind the chair) is called a "monkey" and is made of brass (d'ya see where we're going with this?) When it's really, really cold the brass contracts more than the iron canonballs and hence the canonballs fall off - hence "cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey." See? Not rude at all!!
10-10-2007, 04:11 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Mandi ... that's exactly what it is ... I used to think the saying was for something else ... but found this tid-bit of information out as well.

I remember travelling around England when I was 10 about 20 years ago ... wouldn't mind going back again too ... seeing the castles was great as well.

Do you have any interior shots of the castles .. or is there a restriction on camera use???

Also rememeber the good old pebble beaches around the Eastern Coastline as well ... not a spec of sand anywhere.

10-10-2007, 05:22 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice series axl of days gone buy. I love the lounge chairs besides the cannon balls - aside from learning where a popular expression came from - I have visions of Month Python sitting in the chairs shooting off shots

All are very well done , crisp and colors are wonderfull.