Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
House and Tower
Lens: Sigma 70-300 macro Camera: Pentax K20D Photo Location: East of Whitney On ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: normhead, 01-16-2011, 06:23 PM

From a bit before christmas.

Views: 1,113
01-16-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
and electrical wires, which takes away from your photo, thanks Bob
01-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Maybe, if it were cropped to the guy wires to the right of the tower and from there back left so that just a bit of ridge shows. Otherwise it has no significance to me.
01-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
Pentaxian
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
and electrical wires, which takes away from your photo, thanks Bob
I assume there was more to this post.

In any case the whole "wires thing " is discussed constantly around our house. The notion that a scene like this, there are 2000 people in about 4000 square kilometers. And about 1000 of those live in a few small communities, none larger than 400 people. SO you have miles and miles of undeveloped wilderness, and then you have places like this, with a Highway paved road, overhead wires and a cell phone tower. The "modern world" juxtaposing itself on wilderness. So that would be the theme of this kind of shot. Tessfully, put me up to this I might ad. I'm usually in the no wires camp.. but every now and then I take an image that fits her vision. I think she was setting me up in getting me to post this. Although I do quite like it.

01-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well normhead, I quite like it also. Of course, I like the world as I see it most of the time and don't understand why things have to be cloned out if they are part of the appeal the photo had in the first place. Like the sepia tone of this one also. My only criticism would be that the tower is in the middle of the frame.
01-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #6
Pentaxian
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
My only criticism would be that the tower is in the middle of the frame.
Ya that is rather annoying, if I go back to it, I'll see if I can reframe it.
01-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I assume there was more to this post.

In any case the whole "wires thing " is discussed constantly around our house. The notion that a scene like this, there are 2000 people in about 4000 square kilometers. And about 1000 of those live in a few small communities, none larger than 400 people. SO you have miles and miles of undeveloped wilderness, and then you have places like this, with a Highway paved road, overhead wires and a cell phone tower. The "modern world" juxtaposing itself on wilderness. So that would be the theme of this kind of shot. Tessfully, put me up to this I might ad. I'm usually in the no wires camp.. but every now and then I take an image that fits her vision. I think she was setting me up in getting me to post this. Although I do quite like it.
thanks for taking time to explain, now I understand what you are photographing, I am a little slow at times. I do like the photo, especially now that I know that Tessfully put you up to it. thanks Bob
01-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #8
Pentaxian
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
I do like the photo, especially now that I know that Tessfully put you up to it. thanks Bob
Just to be sure you understand how this works... I get the credit.. anything you might want to criticize.. it's all her fault.