Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Unmemorable....
Lens: DA*50-135 Camera: K20D Photo Location: Texas ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: Rupert, 01-17-2011, 11:49 AM

I shot this in Jpeg only,.... by mistake, and she was not ready for a pose either. It was well underexposed and I had to use Silkypix to get up the exposure without ruining the color....as best as I could.
I did what I could and almost deleted, but kept it anyhow. Do you do this.....keep shots that are really unmemorable because it is hard to let them go? Not great shots, not all that bad, just sort of "routine"?

Best Regards!
Rupert

[IMG] [/IMG]
Views: 1,500
01-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Its a keeper, dont delete it!!!

Although we often hold tight to our PP principles of RAW files and such. Its still shot with a modern DSLR so its a high resolution image, jpeg or not.

The light is really great and gives attention to her beautiful hair, just maybe there could be more light on the top of her head to give it the same punch as the hair on her shoulders.

Very nice balance between the flashes to, nice shadows.

I do not have an expensive and calibrated screen (though an iMac), but theres a very faint green tint over the top of the image on her hair.

Great shot!
01-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Her expression is priceless. You should add pretty girls to your list! Seriously lovely and something more...
01-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey, there is the Texas girl I have been talking about, glad you found her. thanks Bob

01-17-2011, 05:58 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Swede......I wish I had a RAW file for about a dozen or so I shot before I realized that I was in Jpeg only.......Some were very nice, but just too dark to salvage. The halo is from background blurring I did fast and sloppy.......it could and should have been corrected...but among other things, I am sometimes lazy.....Mrs Rupert says more often than not. Thanks for looking!

Tessfully......Thank you too! If that avatar is you.....you have to know you are welcome to come down and join us for Pizza & Hot Wings anytime! One more pretty girl is always welcome here! The girls are friendly, and I am just old and harmless, there is no "funny stuff" in my little "Studio". Thanks for looking!

Yes Bob....she is a sweetheart! Not a mean bone in her body, and I honestly believe she doesn't know how pretty she is. No nose in the air whatsoever........and her lovely Mom is the same. I hope to get her Mom back in for more shots soon.....she is a lovely lady.
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards & Thanks again!
01-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #6
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, Rupert, it's a good one - slightly back-focused but otherwise a keeper.
Well done.
01-17-2011, 07:01 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Hey Rupert, see: People Models + Pentax K20d
on this site.
01-17-2011, 09:22 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think you mean her sister, not her mom, right??
make sure and tell her that, I need all the points I can get. Bob

01-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Bob seems to be considering revising his plans and going to Texas to make some images.
Or perhaps he will be satisfied with his imaging.