Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Mammoth Waterfalls
Lens: DA L 18-55 Camera: K-x Photo Location: Rainbow Mtn 
Posted By: BlueBubbleBoy, 01-17-2011, 12:02 PM

Had planned on taking a backpacking trip in middle Tennessee where there are actually some beautiful waterfalls. However, the trip was postponed indefinitely, so I decided to make the trek up to the towering Rainbow Mountain (elevation 1,100 ft...so take "mountain" lightly). Heck, it's only a 10 minute drive from my place, so might as well if I can't get something better, right? Anyway, instead of 50ft+ waterfalls I had to settle for 5 inch ones. On top of that, not much water flowing either. HOWEVER, it was absolutely great not being in an office, breathing some fresh, cool morning air, and having the entire hiking trail to my self and my K-x.

Looks like big foot sneezed on this one.

So much volume and spray in this one I could barely get close enough for a photo.

The sheer power and force of the river almost knocked me on my back. Good thing I brought some floaties.

Just a few grumpy old rocks waiting for the next passerby.

Thanks for looking. Hope you enjoyed the hike!
Views: 1,409
01-17-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The best part about the hike was not having to walk and getting to see some very nice photos of what I missed.
01-17-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
The best part about the hike was not having to walk and getting to see some very nice photos of what I missed.
Thanks Susan. You are too kind.
01-17-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Barry - You could think of it as a "scouting trip" for when the weather gets warmer, and the water really gets flowing. ;-)

I'll bet that 4th shot would look COMPLETELY different by, say June. Then you WILL need your floaties!

Tim

Last edited by UpNorth; 01-18-2011 at 07:39 AM.
01-18-2011, 07:22 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UpNorth Quote
Barry - You could think of it as a "scouting trip" for when the weather gets warmer, and the water really gets flowing. ;-)

I'll bet that 4th shot would look COMPLETELY different by, say June. Then you WILL need youf floaties!

Tim
You know Tim, I think for the most part there's not a lot of water that runs through there. I'll have to check it out after we get a good rain...and yes, I'll bring a flotation device.
Thank you for the comment.
01-18-2011, 08:24 AM   #6

Photos: Albums
The first shot is a bit busy, but I like it. Definitely a hike that I'd like to take. Thanks for the virtual walk.