Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Photographer and Photo
Posted By: tessfully, 01-18-2011, 07:33 AM

I have so much fun taking pictures of other people taking pictures. A really great opportunity got away from me this summer when dozens of really interesting looking people were standing on the side of the highway taking pictures of a moose and calf grazing in a meadow. Kind of like this one.

Photographers

and Subject...

So I am starting this thread entitled Photographer and Photo. Here are some samples.

Photographer

And photo.

Also, if you have similar shots and would like to share them in this thread, feel free!
They can be either photographer and the image the photographer produced, or a picture of photographers along with what they were taking a picture of.

cheers, tess

Last edited by Parallax; 04-02-2014 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Request of OP by proxy
Views: 26,346
02-09-2021, 09:02 AM   #136
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From a few years ago.

02-09-2021, 10:08 AM   #137
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
From today, Tess caught me trying to avoid getting wet.
I see your focus wasn't on the big DANGER sign
02-09-2021, 10:31 AM   #138
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
I see your focus wasn't on the big DANGER sign
I think that's posted there for people with children.
Signs like that are posted on every dam in the park. I don't think I even see them anymore. After all, if you're white water boater, you've survived worse than this a few time. You know the risks.
08-11-2021, 09:35 AM   #139
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K-3 + Zeiss Distagon 35

08-11-2021, 05:30 PM   #140
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The photographer appears to be intent on capturing a distant boat on the horizon. Nice photo.
08-11-2021, 05:53 PM   #141
Pentaxian

Looking for the Sapsucker Nest Hole

I found the hole and set up, ow waiting for the little guy to stick his face out.

There's the little guy.

Tess doesn't post here much here anymore. But she contributed the images of me, and first discovered the nest hole. This was the last time we saw the chick. She was out of the nest while I was here and I could hear the chick and mom calling each other somewhere close. That was the last we saw of them. Tess saw her walking the tree branches and flying hither thither and yon the day before. This was probably her last morning near the nest. It's right off of one of our dog walk trails. But the bush is dense, and even after Tess pointed out where it was, it took me a long time to find a place where I could get a clean shot thorough the trees, made more difficult in that I had to stay far away from the nest. There was a rock face I was on top of, with no opportunity to move forward.

Last edited by normhead; 08-11-2021 at 06:00 PM.
08-11-2021, 06:20 PM   #142
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice series showing what it sometimes takes to get a nice photo. Good work by both of you.

08-13-2021, 07:58 AM   #143
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Tess doesn't post here much here anymore. But she contributed the images of me, and first discovered the nest hole. This was the last time we saw the chick. She was out of the nest while I was here and I could hear the chick and mom calling each other somewhere close. That was the last we saw of them. Tess saw her walking the tree branches and flying hither thither and yon the day before. This was probably her last morning near the nest. It's right off of one of our dog walk trails. But the bush is dense, and even after Tess pointed out where it was, it took me a long time to find a place where I could get a clean shot thorough the trees, made more difficult in that I had to stay far away from the nest. There was a rock face I was on top of, with no opportunity to move forward.
I appreciate the back story as much as the images. Best to you and Tess.
09-01-2021, 09:31 AM   #144
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Nice series showing what it sometimes takes to get a nice photo. Good work by both of you.
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
I appreciate the back story as much as the images. Best to you and Tess.
Thanks for commenting. And yes, the back stories are always fun. I wish there were more.
12-28-2021, 07:00 AM   #145
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Sunset Photography - on Porthmeor Beach, St. Ives, Cornwall - K-3ii and smc Pentax-DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL IF DC WR