Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Playing around with Photoshop
Posted By: jbrowning, 10-07-2007, 08:41 AM

I went out yesterday morning taking some pictures of the sunrise and this is one I came away with. I am posting the original and the edited version to show what I did to it. I added some contrast and some color to bring out the red in the sunrise a little bit more. Please tell me what you all think of it.
SS 1/90, f5.6, ISO 800

Before

Edited

Thanks
Jim

Last edited by jbrowning; 10-07-2007 at 09:14 AM.
Views: 1,262
10-07-2007, 10:48 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It is a nice shot Jim. To be truthful I don't see a lot of difference between the two - it could be my laptop and old eyes though. I see the sky a little lighter and maybe less color in the second one.
10-07-2007, 12:46 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First I like the shot. Nice scenic area and the pastel colours are very nicely captured. I'd have to agree with Daacon. The adjustments are very subtle. I can see that it was adjusted but not really enough to make a big difference. I think you could (if you wanted to) enhance the colours even more and still keep the natural light look.
10-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Honestly I can see quite a difference between the two. The second shot definitely is brighter overall. Plus there is a pinkish hue to the sky that is barely visible in the first shot. The distant mountains are a brighter shade of blue in the second shot and the field of grass is clearly golden in the second shot not brownish-green like the first one.

Good job - I like it.

-------------------------

Now, I can't resist trying my hand at this one! I hope you don't mind. I brightened it up a bit more, cropped the top and bottom, sharpened a bit and added a #85 warming filter. It may not be to anyone's liking but, like you, I enjoy playing with pictures in PS. It looks jagged as I only had your resized .jpg to start with.

Last edited by J.Scott; 11-06-2007 at 03:35 AM.
10-08-2007, 06:38 PM   #5
Veteran Member

makes me miss it

you pic makes me miss the beauty of Colorado and that ridge line..

thanks for sharing....
10-09-2007, 05:35 PM   #6

Yes, I agree with the cropping, especially. I love those "wide open spaces" but I think you had just a tad too MUCH wide open space in the original, imho!!