Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

The Face of Alzheimers
Posted By: tessfully, 01-20-2011, 04:12 PM

A snapshot of my grandmother and her dog. Both in their 90's by human standards.

(Edited after comments)

Flush

Last edited by tessfully; 01-27-2011 at 07:42 AM. Reason: take out some pictures
Views: 2,612
01-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
hmmm, I appreciate the comments and will take some time tomorrow to try a black and white version. The portrait was taken with ambient light and the colour version seems to have a good exposure. But will see what turning the exposure up a bit at a time does to the image.

They are not red at all on my screen. I used the program Aperture 3 and the preset Sepia high contrast. Anyway, will work with it and then post a comparison.

thanks again

01-22-2011, 06:32 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Portrait revised

QuoteOriginally posted by CWyatt Quote
Agree not to use colour, but I would like to see B&W version too perhaps. Might just be my screen, but the sepia here looks quite 'red', but this might also be because the photo also looks a stop or so underexposed?
I went back and did a quick fix. Turned up the exposure a bit and turned the sepia down till it was almost a black and white. I posted the new version under the old.
01-23-2011, 06:07 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

what can i say tess, this is a moving and well crafted documentary.... we've all had loved ones, both two and four legged, in similar circumstances. it stirs so many different emotions, and they are conveyed by you with care...and love.........well done.... dave m