Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
It's not a nice winter around Boston
Lens: 18-250-pentax Camera: k20d Photo Location: Saugus Ma ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F4.5 
Posted By: charliezap, 01-21-2011, 06:55 PM

[IMG][/IMG]
I thought that after the holidays that I could take it easy for awhile.Since Christmas here in the Boston area we have had almost 4ft of snow and they are saying that around Wednesday there is the potential for a major coastal storm that may effect the area.I'm getting sick of using my snow blower which seems to be every 3 days or so.To make matters worse the Boston area is expecting below zero temps on monday and tuesday nights that will set the stage for the storm.I hope Jer's boat gets iceboundBoston usually gets around 44 " of snow for the season and right now we are beyond that with more winter yet to come.Right now it's 20 deg and I'm going to take a hot shower and then have a glass of the good red stuff.-----charliezap
Views: 2,051
01-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice blow Job.
01-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey Capn - thanks for posting this shot - puts life here in perspective. We've been bellyaching today because the temp didn't quite reach 50F - too cold for the boat and too cold for the roadster but not ice bound .

As I mentioned on another thread recently, the happiest day of a man's life is not the day he sells his boat but the day he sells his snow blower.

Jer
01-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sparkle Quote
Nice blow Job.
I have a reply for that but I'll be mellow and nice and let it ride.
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey Capn - thanks for posting this shot - puts life here in perspective. We've been bellyaching today because the temp didn't quite reach 50F - too cold for the boat and too cold for the roadster but not ice bound .

As I mentioned on another thread recently, the happiest day of a man's life is not the day he sells his boat but the day he sells his snow blower.

Jer
I suppose it could be worse.We set a record several years ago with over 100" for the season.I can't wait til the early part of April rolls around when me and the Mrs go to Florida for 2 weeks.We rented a 4 bedroom villa with heated pool just south of Sarasota.What do you think Jer?a get together for a few days?You could sail across the gulf and we could hook up.---charliezap

01-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We are currently in Palm Springs CA., and temps during the day are 82, but it gets down to 50 at night, so we turn the heater on. After viewing your photo and reading the narrative, I will never complain again, I promise. That is just plain brutal weather. Stay warm and safe. Bob
01-22-2011, 04:06 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
We are currently in Palm Springs CA., and temps during the day are 82, but it gets down to 50 at night, so we turn the heater on. After viewing your photo and reading the narrative, I will never complain again, I promise. That is just plain brutal weather. Stay warm and safe. Bob
Thanks Bob---As I get ready for work it's 11 deg but that's warm as compared to what we will get in the next few days and maybe that storm that is forcast for Wed.---charliezap
01-22-2011, 05:40 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
I have a reply for that but I'll be mellow and nice and let it ride.

I suppose it could be worse.We set a record several years ago with over 100" for the season.I can't wait til the early part of April rolls around when me and the Mrs go to Florida for 2 weeks.We rented a 4 bedroom villa with heated pool just south of Sarasota.What do you think Jer?a get together for a few days?You could sail across the gulf and we could hook up.---charliezap
Well, in the summer the tables are turned; we sit here and swelter and dodge hurricanes.

Sailing across the Gulf is outside my range nowdays - my passagemaking days are over. I'm strickly a fair-weather sailor . Why don't you stop by the Houston area on the way to FLA?

Jer

01-22-2011, 09:55 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Charlie, with a whole bunch of other places to live will you please explain why anyone would want to live there especially in the winter? That is way too much snow and it looks like some more may be coming your way.
01-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Charlie, with a whole bunch of other places to live will you please explain why anyone would want to live there especially in the winter? That is way too much snow and it looks like some more may be coming your way.
Hi Susan---The Boston area is very nice most of the time but we do have our share of cold and snow.I do grouse about the conditions at times but I do like the excitement of storms and the changeable weather conditions.I'm 10 minutes from the ocean and not that far from inland beauty.----charliezap
01-23-2011, 06:01 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hey charlie..... my newest monosyllabic utterance these days is, ugh.
we're freezing our collective hind ends this morning, and yes, we most likely
are getting more white stuff the middle of this week........... ugh.............
dave m
01-23-2011, 06:10 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
hey charlie..... my newest monosyllabic utterance these days is, ugh.
we're freezing our collective hind ends this morning, and yes, we most likely
are getting more white stuff the middle of this week........... ugh.............
dave m
Hey Dave--Let's play "I'll show you mine--show me yours" temperature reading that is for tomorrow morning.It's supposed to be the coldest morning in years along the coast here.---charliezap
01-23-2011, 07:20 AM   #12
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Too cold for my bones. I moved south to get warmer and darned if the winters feel as cold as those I endured in MN.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
stop by the Houston area on the way to FLA?
Jer, since when is Houston on the way to Florida from MA? LOL