Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Self-portrait in Kodachrome 64
Lens: SMC Pentax-M 50mm F2 Camera: K1000 Photo Location: My apartment - Lubbock, Texas Shutter Speed: 1/60s 
Posted By: TexasLangGenius, 01-24-2011, 01:19 PM

I decided to take a chance and get myself on Kodachrome 64 (while I still had the chance to develop it) in very low light. It paid off! This was the last frame on this particular roll (out of four that I bought for $17.99 USD a pop!)

I am very fortunate to have succeeded in this, as I had only the kit lens that came with the K1000 my uncle gave me (the old, trusty SMC Pentax-M 50mm F2). The other one I tried with the SMC Pentax-A 35-70mm F3.5-4.5 looked like something from an 80s horror/thriller movie poster. Maybe I'll post it sometime soon.

Views: 1,784
01-24-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I like the mirror framing. Nicely done.
01-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks, slowpez. I love taking my self-portrait in mirrors. When I can get to it, I'll post a link to a really beautiful one that I took with my Soviet Kiev camera (not on Kodachrome though). I shot three of my four Kodachrome rolls with the K1000 and the final roll I shot with the Kiev. I had a skylight filter on all my lenses for the K1000 and none for the Kiev. Man, the Kiev pictures looked like they were taken in the 60s.

Here's the 80s horror pic I was telling you about. I don't know why I call it that, I just remember seeing images like that from 80s horror movies. LOL

I had to change to the smaller one for the other one because the SMC Pentax-A 35-70mm F3.5-4.5 wasn't fast enough to record an image in such low light.

01-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Cool shots, for sure - and the kind of rugged, determined look you'd expect from a Texas guy. Are you associated with Tech?

Jer

01-25-2011, 05:52 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hi Sailor,

Yes, I am. I teach French at Texas Tech as a Graduate Part-Time Instructor: a fancy word for a graduate student who teaches and studies (and therefore gets no sleep ). I'll graduate with my first Master's Degree this May and then go on to get my second one this fall in Applied Linguistics if everything goes as planned.

Tim