Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A trip to the lakes region
Posted By: vinceloc, 10-08-2007, 07:28 PM

Here in the Philippines, we have a rapidly growing and dynamic group of Pentax users. I remember that when I first purchased my DS about a year and a half ago, it was a lonely plight as I knew very little other Pentax dslr users. But the introduction of the K100D and the K10D in the market, and at very reasonable prices at that, brought about a resurgence of interest in Pentax. Todate, our Pentax community boasts of almost 60 known users, and growing every day.

Well, we are smack in the middle of the rainy seasoon, with monsoon rains and typhoons hitting us left and right. But a group of 16 of us still decided to push through with a photoshoot in the seven lakes region of San Pablo City, Laguna (around 80kms south of Manila). It was my second trip there this year, the first being last May, as summer came to its end. Here are some photos I wish to share with the forum, showing the rustic beauty of the area. It's a photographer's paradise! I hope you enjoy it!

DS+Tokina SL 28mm f/2.8

DS+Pentax FAZ 20-35mm f/4 AL

DS+Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4

DS+Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4

And the obligatory Group Hug..........

Views: 2,052
10-08-2007, 08:21 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day Vincent,
Thanks for posting those, very interesting to see yet another part of the planet.
Congratualtions on your group too, what a great way to get together.
Cheers.
10-09-2007, 03:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Tell you what ... that's great getting a decent group together for a shoot.

I know what it is like trying to get a decent group together for a car cruise here in NSW ... a lot of people are either too busy or couldn't be bothered to attend.

Might be an idea to see if the different areas around the world could try and organise separate meet-ups with forum members ... and have a day out shooting.
10-09-2007, 05:29 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very nice lanndscapes and looks like a good group to go out and spend time with.

10-09-2007, 06:31 AM   #5

Great idea for the group shoot and the group phot. The photos you posted make me want to visit there.
10-09-2007, 08:50 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice photos... I particularly like the 1st one which appears pretty straight-forward until you realize that there is an unexpected and subtle element present in the moving boat. Well done!
10-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #7

Second that, Mechan1k - who else lives in Sydney or could get here for a day out somewhere??

10-09-2007, 04:53 PM   #8

vinceloc - those are GREAT photos. Well done! Did any of the other members of your group post? It would be interesting to see others' perspectives on the same places in the same conditions.
10-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for looking and all your comments. I'm not sure if other members of our group are members here at pentax forums. We, however are members of a local photography website called Digital Photography Philippines. Here is a link to the thread which we started for this EB and culminated in the sharing of photos. You will see a lot of excellent shots from the other members, since some tend to focus more on portraits, candids and street, others in IR photography, and others experiment in HDR. Enjoy!!! October PENTAXIAN Meet! - Digital Photographer Philippines

Oh, BTW, the posting of photos from the trip begin in page 13.
10-09-2007, 05:41 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Last batch of shots to share of that trip...................

Last edited by vinceloc; 10-09-2007 at 05:52 PM.