Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Real Estate with the DA15 LTD
Posted By: TOUGEFC, 01-26-2011, 02:13 AM

My folks decided to sell their house, so they asked me to do some photo's of their house, instead of the real estate agent charging them for a pro.

Armed only with a af540 flash and a DA15 (my widest lens) i think they came out well.

Here are just a few shots from the shoot i'd like to share.

Views: 2,127
01-26-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As nice as the photos are, your folks have a pretty amazing house. Your photos are outstanding. The real estate agents should retain you.
01-27-2011, 01:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yeah it is a really nice house and it overlooks the bay, i dont really want them to sell it, thank-you for your comment tessfully!
01-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Tough shots to pull off. You did well. Parents selling the old homestead is always tough on the kids. We had to sell ours just to get the youngest to leave LOL.

01-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'd buy based on photos alone
01-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
the first one should be cropped on the right. crop it just to show the house. that boat thing detracts

also they should be wider angle. most of the cabinets and stuff are cut off. people like to see the whole room.

you should take the doorway one vertically.

the room shots are nice.

That's just my opinion, because i am in the processing of looking for my first home and comparing with what I have seen
01-27-2011, 11:33 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Tough shots to pull off. You did well. Parents selling the old homestead is always tough on the kids. We had to sell ours just to get the youngest to leave LOL.
Thanks! Yeah considering the da15 ltd is my widest i tried to make the best with what i had. I only lived in this house for a couple of years before i moved out, but it's still a bit sad to see them move .

QuoteOriginally posted by calculator01 Quote
I'd buy based on photos alone
Lol, do you want to sign the papers?

QuoteOriginally posted by hockmasm Quote
the first one should be cropped on the right. crop it just to show the house. that boat thing detracts

also they should be wider angle. most of the cabinets and stuff are cut off. people like to see the whole room.

you should take the doorway one vertically.

the room shots are nice.

That's just my opinion, because i am in the processing of looking for my first home and comparing with what I have seen
Thanks for your comments, yeah the first shot i wanted to get some of the boat port in, i also provided them with other angles of the front where its just the front of the house and nothing else, these are just a few of the whole shoot
Like i said earlier, the da15 is my widest and i dont do this work as a pro, i just did it for a favour to my folks. If i were too do it full time i would invest in a wider lens such as the da12-24.
I would have prefered to shoot the door vertical but the real estate requested for "landscape photos only".
Thanks everyone

01-28-2011, 12:26 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I think you did very well Simon. Since 15 was your widest you might have tried stitching just for the kitchen shot. Great photos, your parents should be very pleased
01-28-2011, 12:47 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks mate! The idea of stitching did cross my mind, but ive never done stitching so i gave that a miss. Been looking at your photos taken with the DA15, you are quite the master with this lens , or is it the lens is becoming your master?
01-28-2011, 02:47 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Been looking at your photos taken with the DA15, you are quite the master with this lens , or is it the lens is becoming your master?
Ha, thanks, the 15 has special powers, no one is its' master
01-28-2011, 05:39 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the ltd 15 did a bang up job.... crisp, natural colors..... dave m
btw, jer, known as sailor here in the forum, would love the stained glass doors... big nautical fan..
01-28-2011, 06:23 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for your comments, my old man made it the stain glass in the door, the whole house is decked out with Nautical stuff, the downstairs lounge room has a wooden boat standing up 2meters high made into a shelfing unit too, also the deck over looks the bay.