Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Yikes!!!Another Boston snowstorm
Lens: 18-250 pentax Camera: k20d Photo Location: saugus Ma ISO: 400 
Posted By: charliezap, 01-27-2011, 05:21 PM

Boston now has the dubious distinction of getting 60" of snow in 31 days.We usually receive on average 42" for the entire winter season.Just 2 more inches puts us in 10th place for snowfall with 107"(1995) being the top amount.
When I got up at 5:30 and looked outside it didn't take long to realize that I was going to take a snowday.With 7 weeks of free time to use it was a no brainer.
The first shot was taken yesterday and the 2nd one is what greeted me this morning.I also had to carve a path on my deck so that my feathered friends wouldn't go hungry.The tufted titmouse looked at me approvingly.The next east coast storm may be happening tues-wed of next week.My upcoming 2 week vacation near Venice Fla is looking better all the time . I need a break.---Charliezap

Attached Images

Views: 2,538
01-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I feel you pain towards the other end of the Pike ;-) nice shots
01-28-2011, 05:50 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
hey charlie.... we're not done yet... heard there's another 'one' comin' next week.........
aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!!! enough already ! dave m
btw... the last cold snap, down to -4.5 f ........
01-28-2011, 07:18 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks pretty chilly, Capn. The shot of the gray bird is cool.

Jer

01-28-2011, 07:34 AM   #5
Pentaxian
Site Supporter

Well ya may as well just pack up and move to Canada. We have hardly any snow. We like snow shoeing. There's just barely enough to make it worthwhile putting on the snowshoes. When we don't feed the birds, they send a representative over to stare in the window at us. Once you start, you can't start. That's a nice shot of that little member of the feathered mafia.
01-28-2011, 08:05 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I also feel for you. Love the Tufted Titmouse shot.
01-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #7
Veteran Member

These are great winter scenes. You have more snow than we do in Northern Ontario. That is unbelievable! But, oh so pretty! Love your little bird! That deck scene is incredible! Do you have snowshoes? You could hiking in the back woods for some photo ops while on your snow day!!
01-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
hey charlie.... we're not done yet... heard there's another 'one' comin' next week.........
aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!!! enough already ! dave m
btw... the last cold snap, down to -4.5 f ........
We got down to -8.3 deg.As to the other storm ---bring it on--charliezap
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Looks pretty chilly, Capn. The shot of the gray bird is cool.
thanks Jer--the birds are more photogenic when they know that there is a treat involved.--capn zap
Jer
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Well ya may as well just pack up and move to Canada. We have hardly any snow. We like snow shoeing. There's just barely enough to make it worthwhile putting on the snowshoes. When we don't feed the birds, they send a representative over to stare in the window at us. Once you start, you can't start. That's a nice shot of that little member of the feathered mafia.
My feeders are only 12ft from my window --so "shooting" them is easy pickins.-zap
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I also feel for you. Love the Tufted Titmouse shot.
I USED THE 18-250 PENTAX FOR THE SERIES.I SHOULD HAVE USED THE DA 55-300 FOR THE BIRD SHOT.--CHARLIEZAP
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
These are great winter scenes. You have more snow than we do in Northern Ontario. That is unbelievable! But, oh so pretty! Love your little bird! That deck scene is incredible! Do you have snowshoes? You could hiking in the back woods for some photo ops while on your snow day!!
I should have taken some street shots around the area to show how narrow the streets have become--charliezap

01-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Man do I feel your pain, bet Florida is looking better each day. Use those snow days and take off early. It is 78, clear and 20% humidity here in Palm Springs, CA., hope your weather in Florida is as good. take care, stay warm. Bob
01-29-2011, 05:27 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm envious! Forecast for today in DFW: Sunny, high of 75ish.