Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Kandos Street Machine
Lens: Sigma 18-55mm Camera: pentax ist*DL Photo Location: Kandos NSW Australia 
Posted By: Dan1005, 01-31-2011, 02:03 PM

This is a annual show at Kandos (small town in rural Australia), people come together to show off their cars and then compete in various competitions. But the competition most people want to see is the Burnouts.
After 5 hours standing in the 30+ degree day I managed to get a few shots that I am really pleased with.

Hope you enjoy.

This shot was probably the most liked shot of the whole weekend. Thanks to a change of wind and sheer luck I managed to get it...

Also due to the late timing of the event in the afternoon I got horrible shadow on the front of the cars, most of the time I was standing perhaps 20m away, since I can't change the position of the cars or the sun I have to try and think of a different way of shooting at this time. A flash would most likely be too much for distracting the drivers. Does anyone have any ideas on how to perhaps solve this problem??
Thanks, Hope you like the pics...
Dan
Views: 2,134