Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
"You saw it here first"
Lens: pentax 18-250 Camera: k20d ISO: 400 
Posted By: charliezap, 01-31-2011, 04:52 PM

Ok people--unless you have been living under a rock in this area you know about the big punch that Mother Nature is going to throw across a lot of the "Good Ole USA" I have to admit that I'm a weather junkie. I love the excitement of storms but not necessarily the aftermath that we have to deal with later.Here are some photos taken before "Armageddon" sets in for the Boston area.I know that many parts of the country and world have a lot more snow but for us in the Northeast corridor this is a big deal----charliezap

Attached Images

Views: 1,821
01-31-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Now that's what I'd call Rug Up weather which we don't get here! Great shots.
01-31-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Now that's what I'd call Rug Up weather which we don't get here! Great shots.
The biggest problem with the snow in major metropolitan areas is where do you put it.It looks like Wed is going to be a snow day for me.My snow depth on the flat is over 2ft and where in I snowblowed it on the driveway is 4-5ft.---charliezao
01-31-2011, 06:31 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hunker down and keep the Jack Daniels (or whatever) near at hand, Capn. Ya'll have had your share of snow and cold this winter, that's for sure.

It' even gonna be cold here, with a record low of 25F for tomorrow night and hitting only about 40 on Wednesday. Chilly stuff for us thin blooded species.

Jer

02-01-2011, 04:01 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi Jer--As I get set to head out this morning it's 13deg and not snowing yet.In a nutshell the first storm is supposed to drop 6-8 in of fluffy snow and tommorrow another 8 or so of heavy wet snow.YIKES----Capn Zap
02-01-2011, 06:17 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

man o man charlie... seems like your gonna get walloped again... we're getting a disgusting and dangerous mix today and tomorrow.... can't wait to get home and open that bottle of merlot...
be safe..... dave m
02-01-2011, 07:13 AM   #7
Veteran Member

love the minute by minute photo journalism! Hope you are able to post some more aftermath shots. Your snow banks photo opts express your pain quite effectively.

02-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I hope those Boston baked beans make living there worthwhile. That is one heck of a lot of snow.
02-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
man o man charlie... seems like your gonna get walloped again... we're getting a disgusting and dangerous mix today and tomorrow.... can't wait to get home and open that bottle of merlot...
be safe..... dave m
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
love the minute by minute photo journalism! Hope you are able to post some more aftermath shots. Your snow banks photo opts express your pain quite effectively.
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I hope those Boston baked beans make living there worthwhile. That is one heck of a lot of snow.
I just got through clearing thr first wave of snow 6-7"Tomorrow were going to get snow -sleet-and freezing rain that is supposed to start around 3-4 AM.I may take a snow day