Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
drip...drip...drip...
Lens: Tamron 90mm Camera: Pentax K7 Photo Location: Western New York ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/150s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: zman, 01-31-2011, 06:49 PM

Spent some time indoors with my camera on a cold day. This was a winter project first mentioned in the "Macro Group" on this website. It was fun to do - beats sitting in front of the TV. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by zman; 07-04-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Views: 1,240
01-31-2011, 07:21 PM   #2

It looks like you had a great time on a cold day! Tomorrow we are expecting a wind chill of -45C and that sounds like it might qualify for a cooooooooold day. I'd love to spend some of it trying to do the drip - drip - thingie. Can you give a beginner some easy hints? I tried it once before but didn't get anything nearly as good as yours.
02-01-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I'll say you've got a cold day ahead. The water drop photography wasn't too hard to set up. Placed my camera and macro lens with attached flash on a tripod and set at an angle of about 45*. Used a clear glass bowl filled with tap water on a table. Above the positioned bowl I hung a plastic bag with water from a ceiling plant hook and put a hole in it with a needle to produce a drip. The red color came from placing a red translucent tupperwear lid in front of my flash. For the other image I just used a bit of food coloring into the water bowl. The hardest part is timing the drip. Please be advised I did all this while my wife was at work so I didn't get caught !

Good luck and have fun !
02-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The third one has some great colors going on with the food coloring. Timing the drip is by far the hardest part; I wasted countless shots trying to get the perfect collision of a drop going up and one coming down(which I have yet to do).