Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
"You saw it here first"--Part two
Lens: pentax 18-250 Camera: k20d Photo Location: saugus Ma ISO: 400 
Posted By: charliezap, 02-01-2011, 08:55 PM

What a difference a day makes.Yesterday was the calm before the storm and today we got 6-7" in the Boston area which wasn't too bad.Tomorrow, if you have been following this massive storm ,we are going to receive a nasty combination of snow--sleet and ice.I plan on staying home tomorrow to stay ahead of the cleanup and hopefully will have some decent photos to post.Now they are saying that this coming Sat. we might have some more plowable snow.---charliezap

Attached Images

Views: 1,864
02-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I guess you just sit and wait, you just can't get ahead of the snow can you. We are now in Southern CA., where you think of snow only at the higher elevations. Guess that doesn't hold true for the east, looks to me like you better hurry and head south.
02-02-2011, 05:56 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
I guess you just sit and wait, you just can't get ahead of the snow can you. We are now in Southern CA., where you think of snow only at the higher elevations. Guess that doesn't hold true for the east, looks to me like you better hurry and head south.
Hopefully when the storm winds down early today and I get the property cleared I will be able to get out and take some shots from around the area.Wait until you see the mounds of snow at the malls and the ones just in general that make navigating the roads arond here very dangerous.---charliezap
02-02-2011, 05:56 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Man, Capn, you guys can't catch a break.

We're experiencing a bit of winter ourselves this week - the cold air mass brought in by the big storm up north is a whopper, apprently. It's only 24F outside as I write this and we're not expected to see temps out of the 30's today and tomorrow. Snow (yeah snow!) is predicted for Friday - we'll see.

The forecasters are predicting a return to normal by Saturday.

Jer

02-02-2011, 06:26 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Man, Capn, you guys can't catch a break.

We're experiencing a bit of winter ourselves this week - the cold air mass brought in by the big storm up north is a whopper, apprently. It's only 24F outside as I write this and we're not expected to see temps out of the 30's today and tomorrow. Snow (yeah snow!) is predicted for Friday - we'll see.

The forecasters are predicting a return to normal by Saturday.

Jer
Jer--Just in the last 20minutes the temp went from 24deg to over 32deg and if you look at a radar map of this area right now you will see that the sleet is just about to move in.After I finish my coffee I'm going to clear the driveway before it gets real heavy to move.--charliezap
02-02-2011, 06:35 AM   #6
Veteran Member

You guys are really getting pounded this winter. Fortunately for us (northern VA), the storm went more to the north, so we only got a bit of drizzle. I still have 3" or 4" (I know, small amount for you), on the ground from last week.
02-02-2011, 07:11 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

charlie, as an old friend would say, 'this can't suck enough !!'
snow, sleet, freezing rain, now rain here at 9am..... let's pack our bags and visit jer.... dave m

02-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #8
Veteran Member

As a weather enthusiast, I enjoy your frequent weather reports up there. Good luck in all that frozen stuff!
02-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #9
Veteran Member

That's a lot of snow - for Boston :-p

We've had 140" since November. Another foot expected tonight.
02-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Brrrrr!
02-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
You guys are really getting pounded this winter. Fortunately for us (northern VA), the storm went more to the north, so we only got a bit of drizzle. I still have 3" or 4" (I know, small amount for you), on the ground from last week.
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
snow, sleet, freezing rain, now rain here at 9am..... let's pack our bags and visit jer.... dave m
QuoteOriginally posted by BlueBubbleBoy Quote
As a weather enthusiast, I enjoy your frequent weather reports up there. Good luck in all that frozen stuff!
QuoteOriginally posted by kyricom Quote
That's a lot of snow - for Boston :-p

We've had 140" since November. Another foot expected tonight.
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Brrrrr!
I'm really getting sick of all the snow. It seems that I'm using the snowblower at least twice a week which is a lot for the Boston area. I went out and took some shots today after the storm that show what the immediate area looks like other than my property.It gives a more broader view.If I did it right here is the link to my new post.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/131664-nature-after-stor...ap-patrol.html
02-02-2011, 04:16 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
Hey, Dave - your and the Capn are welcome to come on down . . . . . but wait till Saturday when it's sunny and in the high 50's. tomorrow evening and early Friday we're supposed to see light sleet and snow - I may have to revive some of my driving skills learned during all those years in IL, MA, OH and MI.

Jer