Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Problems with snow--I need to dig
Lens: Pentax 18-250 Camera: K20d Photo Location: saugus Ma 
Posted By: charliezap, 02-05-2011, 05:09 PM

Last Summer I had extensive yard work done and one item really plays on my mind now with a little rain falling with the 30" of snow that is on roofs and on the open ground is I hope that my drains are not blocked.As you can see I had a twin drain put in from my basement door.If they get blocked the sunken area at the rear door will fill up with water and enter the basement.So tomorrow I will cut a path to the swamp where the drains empty and make sure that the openings are not restricted.I think about this crap and tomorrow I shall make this mind itch hopefully go away.So far about 100 structures in Ma.have had roof collapses and many people are being plagued with water backing in from the roofs.So after a little work tomorrow I'll be in a better mood to enjoy the Super Bowl even though the Patriots aren't in it this year.I've got a slew of pool squares for the game with some good numbers and maybe I'll make a few bucks to buy a new photo toy.--charliezap

Attached Images

Views: 1,940
02-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hope all is well after your snow dig. hope the contractor did a good job
02-06-2011, 06:24 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks Scott-I'm pretty satisfied with the work that was done.After I have my coffee I will commence my digging adventure.--charliezap
02-06-2011, 09:34 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i don't think digging is allowed on SuperBowl Sunday, better take the day off.

02-06-2011, 09:38 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good luck with your digging. Maybe the fact that the Patriots aren't in the SB this year will allow you to take out your "frustration", and you will dig faster and harder.
02-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
i don't think digging is allowed on SuperBowl Sunday, better take the day off.
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Good luck with your digging. Maybe the fact that the Patriots aren't in the SB this year will allow you to take out your "frustration", and you will dig faster and harder.
Hi guys---Every thing went extremely well with the digging out of the drain pipes.When I uncovered them there was water coming out which is a great sign.I took some shots of the project that I will post later. I took some shots around the property with the k20 in black and white--pseudo infra red mode with a polarizer and they looked real good on the lcd screen on the camera.I should have them posted within the hour.Hopefully they will look ok when I upload them.---charliezap
02-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
As the Bird said to Diz, "I can dig it, man."

Jer