Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
K20d--Pseudo infrared with polarizer shots
Lens: pentax 18-250 Camera: k20d Photo Location: Saugus Ma ISO: 400 
Posted By: charliezap, 02-06-2011, 01:07 PM

[IMG][/IMG]
So far my day has been going great.It's in the mid 40's and it's great to be outside and cleanup before some more snow hits.I cleaned out my French drain system and took some shots using the k20 onboard filter system"black and white infrared mode" with my polarizer.They are nothing special but I was having a good time just being outside and getting things done before the Super Bowl starts.I plan on staying home with an "8 piece bucket with sides,cornbread,and a chocolate cake special" from KFC just down the street and I suppose a good bottle of "red" will fit into the mix.I have a bunch of squares from many pools for "the game" and I feel lucky today. We'll see how it plays out.I almost forgot to mention that the last shot was enhanced using the HDR mode in the K20d.--Capn Zap

Attached Images

Views: 2,464
02-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
Millionth Poster!

Photos: Gallery | Albums
some cool shots. enjoy the super bowl
02-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Scottnorwo Quote
some cool shots. enjoy the super bowl
Thanks Scott--Here's one of the sheets from one of the Vet's Posts that are in the area.As you can see there are many squares that I have got for myself--friends and co-workers.In total we have 35 of the 100 squares which means that someone I know may hit on a square or two.The blank squares are taken by people that bought on their own.The ones that matter are the ones that you see here.This pool doesn't pay off on quarters. It pays off on "Every" score change for $200 and the final score gets what remains in the pot.I like this type of pool because you really have to pay attention to what is transpiring in the game.let the games begin.--charliezap
Attached Images

02-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #4
Millionth Poster!

Good luck Charlie. Looking forward to a great game. Hope the drains work when the thaw begins

02-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Scottnorwo Quote
Good luck Charlie. Looking forward to a great game. Hope the drains work when the thaw begins
The drains were working well today.The Super Bowl starts in 1/2 hour and I'm looking forward to being lucky with the Squares.---charliezap
02-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
The drains were working well today.The Super Bowl starts in 1/2 hour and I'm looking forward to being lucky with the Squares.---charliezap
At our age, the drains working well is pretty important.

I was never lucky with squares - those cats just aren't hip.

BTW, Capn, the pics are cool - I never tried this feature with my K20D; I'll give it a try if I can find the manual! Good luck on the Super Bowl.

Jer
02-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Right now it's halftime and with all the pools i'm in I got $125 back so far.My son kevin got $200 on one hit.Plenty more football to come.--charliezap
02-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #8
Inactive Account

I've never understood exactly how those betting pools work but good luck with it. Not watching the bowl, not particularly interested in it. I like your Sim-IR photos though, except the last one with the HDR treatment.

02-07-2011, 02:09 PM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
At our age, the drains working well is pretty important.

I was never lucky with squares - those cats just aren't hip.

BTW, Capn, the pics are cool - I never tried this feature with my K20D; I'll give it a try if I can find the manual! Good luck on the Super Bowl.

Jer
Hi Jer--The special effects that are onboard the k20d work well for people that are not to savy in PP.To get to the infrared mode just turn the camera on on then hit the "fn" button.It will bring you a screen that you will now hit "OK' and that will bring you to "custom image" that has a black and white mode along with other custom settings. Another neat feature is the digital filters.Just bring up any picture and hit"fn."Push the left cursor that is to the left of OK and it will bring you to the digital filters.I sometimes use this page to make my images brighter or darker in the camera while I'm veiwing them and then I "save as".This keeps the edited pic along with the original.Most of the stuff you can do with PP but it's fun trying the filters out in case someone wants a tweaked picture right away before you download it to their computer.---charliezap
02-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I've never understood exactly how those betting pools work but good luck with it. Not watching the bowl, not particularly interested in it. I like your Sim-IR photos though, except the last one with the HDR treatment.

It's fun to experiment Jeff.For those people who don't really get into PP work some of the onboard camera features can be played with to give an individual a very acceptable shot right out of the camera.---charliezap
02-09-2011, 09:50 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I wish you less snow than you are expecting and wasn't that a great super bowl?
02-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #12
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
It's fun to experiment Jeff.For those people who don't really get into PP work some of the onboard camera features can be played with to give an individual a very acceptable shot right out of the camera.---charliezap
I'm not knocking your experiments or trying to take the fun away. I just said the HDR treatment in the last photo didn't do anything for me.

02-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I wish you less snow than you are expecting and wasn't that a great super bowl?
The Super Bowl was indeed great and the weather for the next week is no snow--charliezap
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I'm not knocking your experiments or trying to take the fun away. I just said the HDR treatment in the last photo didn't do anything for me.

I didn't think that you were and the last photo didn't cut it for me either.I just threw it in there with the others for viewing.---charliezap