Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread

Strange Nature
Posted By: tessfully, 02-07-2011, 08:39 AM

The Tamron is a great lens! Reality never looked so cool! Took these yesterday. Not sure how good or bad they are, but interesting for sure (at least to me).

I photographed this fungi with the Optio W80 a few days ago, and this version with the Tamron. The Optio was good, but the clarity from the macro amazing...

Driftwood

Encapsulated Bud or Cocoon?

Fungi strives to escape

tree nub and friends

Adding this one as I find it interesting how the lens focuses; it can either ruin or add to the photo depending on the spot it hits... as with the dried flowers that follow

cool pic, but does it work?

Strong, like leaf!

Needles rustle in breeze

It was a hard winter for this poor toad. Amazing what you see when shooting with a macro lens.

And Kenzie, finally got a good one of her using the macro...

thanks for looking!

Last edited by tessfully; 02-07-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Views: 6,068
02-25-2011, 06:07 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I really like the first one, the green adds pizzazz! I love taking photos of puddles. It is always a surprise when I process them. I have not tried water droplets yet... hmmm... thinking when things melt around here dew on the new leaves might be pretty.

I have taken a few more macros over this past week. I think I'll start a new thread for us so all my original photos don't hold up the show!

thanks for sharing Crazysaint... I think we are on the same learning curve!!

02-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #32
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
I really like the first one, the green adds pizzazz! I love taking photos of puddles. It is always a surprise when I process them. I have not tried water droplets yet... hmmm... thinking when things melt around here dew on the new leaves might be pretty.

I have taken a few more macros over this past week. I think I'll start a new thread for us so all my original photos don't hold up the show!

thanks for sharing Crazysaint... I think we are on the same learning curve!!
Tess, your photos MAKE the show lol, thanks for the feedback. I'm off backpacking for a week at the end of march, and taking both cameras and camcorder with, and hopefully some good shots to be had. Teaching a colleague some basic bushcraft, as well as trying to capture as much nature as possible.
If you start a new thread, don't forget to put the link here so we can all come admire your work. I'll try not to flood it with my mediocre images lol.