Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pinhole Lens and some sunsets
Posted By: JahJahwarrior, 10-13-2007, 07:13 PM

I took a body cap, drilled a hole, taped on some tinfoil, poked a tiny hole....and went to town! Er...the lake.

Then I made my way over to a statue on campus. It was getting dark...it almost looks like a shadow.

And then some sunsets....

And the sun had set about twenty minutes before...

Criticism is appreciated!
Views: 1,901
10-13-2007, 08:30 PM   #2

I love picture four! Im sorry im a newb but how exactly does a pinhole lens work if its so small?
10-13-2007, 08:57 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Here's an article that somewhat explains it:
Wikipedia on Pinhole Cameras

The sunset shots were NOT taken with a pinhole. Pinhole lens's are generally very soft, show all of the dust on your sensor, and require multiple second exposures at a high ISO, as they have an extremely high aperture, like F100 I make my pinhole shots grayscale in GIMP becuase then they look stylish.

The feedback I've gotten on the last picture of each set has not been good on other places, so I'm probably going to delete them from the hosting site, if there is text andno image, that's why